All reviews stainless steel parking ramp sky walk canal park pool area would stay here again convention center hot tub nice stay stayed one night rooms are clean shuttle service bed was comfortable nice room staff was very friendly and helpful floor room lift bridge
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Stayed here for an overnight family adventure in Duluth in the winter. Based on Trip Advisor raves (and a great price), booked it and was SO glad. Got a room on the 14th (of 15 floors) with a view of the harbor. Accommodations were excellent. I travel quite a bit for work and this hotel equaled the best Hiltons, Hyatts and Sheratons of my experience. Parking was free and the staff was very friendly. Rooms had a refrigerator and Kuerig; sauna, hot tub with the pools, and 24 hour exercise room. Well done, Holiday Inn.

Room tip: If you're not a Holiday Inn member, ask to join for free and get a room upgrade. High floor, facing the harbor.
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gerry_Goldfarb, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Dear HaroldsMaude, Thank you for the nice review and for staying with us in Duluth! We appreciate the kind comments and are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future. Thanks again!

Gerry Goldfarb
Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth

Reviewed 7 January 2016

this was my first time in duluth, and i am very impressed with this hotel for many reasons. First off, there is free parking, a free breakfast, a pool and the staff and management are all very nice and accomodating. What really made my stay exceptional, was at check in, i asked one of the girls working if there was any hypoalergenic soap available complimentary of the hotel, and she was appologetic and explained that she didnt think there was. I told her it wasnt a big deal and that i would buy some from town later, as my skin is very sensetive. Well, after an afternoon of gallavanting around town with my sister, i reutrned to my room to find a bottle of hypoallergenic soap in my bathroom on the counter. Someone working there had gone out and purchased a bottle of soap for me and left it in my room. I have never had such exceptional guest service and i cant tell you how amazing it was to see your staff accomodate their guests like that. If i am ever back in duluth, I will be returning to this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Brittanybaby_92, Thank you for the kind comments and review on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn. Thank you for staying with us as well! We appreciate the comments and I will share them with my team to celebrate how well we took good care of you. We do take service very seriously and I'm happy to hear we were able to find some hypoallergenic soap for you.
We look forward to you staying with us again.

Gerry Goldfarb
Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth

Reviewed 27 December 2015

My family and I always stay at the Holiday Inn whenever we're in Duluth. The staff is friendly and welcoming! The rooms are beautiful and very well maintained, and there's so much for the kids to do with 2 swimming pools, hot tub, sauna, and an arcade.

The hotel is located on Superior street which is walking distance to shops and the beautiful Lake Superior! If you don't want to walk, the hotel offers a van that will drop you off and pick you up.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

Stayed here one night in December 2015 to meet with family for a Christmas get together. We stayed here for close proximity to Bentleyville light show. Parking was easy to obtain on the ramp. Check-in was easy enough, they don't want you there prior to 4pm. Elevators are HORRIBLE! That's to say it nicely... We were able to use if the first time with a cart (we had a lot of stuff) but after that plan on taking the steps and lugging everything with you. For the price of this hotel alone having to the use the steps really puts a person off. Rooms are decent enough, we were on the 8th floor just off the pool area and it worked well for our family as young kids wanted to only swim. Room was clean and had a smaller fridge along with other normal hotel amenities. Bed was comfortable enough for a good nights sleep, we ran the fan all night for "white noise" and it was fairly loud. Kids loved the pool, not the largest but it was warm and the hot tub was HOT! I like them hot but you could tell it was hot due to most people sitting around the ledge with only feet in it. :o) Overall, I would not seek out this hotel again due to I feel the price (paid ~$175) paid and overall value received does not justify me going back again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Duluth-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Dear ZiggyT,

Thank you for posting a review and for staying with us. We appreciate your nice comments with regards to the general condition of the hotel and pleased to read you enjoyed our facilities. However, we are saddened to find out your dissatisfaction with our pricing. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

Again, thank you for the three out of five stars rating, we hope to earn those extra two stars with your next visit.

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 December 2015

The pools are amazing. Can be loud if you're in the atrium but great pool. Re-decorated rooms are nice. Beds are really comfortable and the Reservations Manger, Becky, couldn't be more accommodating. Top rate customer service from her.

Room tip: If you don't have kids swimming ask for a room away from the pools - otherwise all good.