All reviews full kitchen basketball court marriott properties fire pit great hotel canal park bedroom suite workout room free breakfast waffles front desk staff up to date staff was friendly and helpful sitting area fitness center nice pool parking lot
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed multiple nights per week for five weeks due to a new job. My new employer booked the rooms for me. The hotel itself was comfortable even though some of the furniture and carpet was well worn. The staff was another story. I stay in hotels about 40 nights per year. The service was in the bottom 10% of any hotel I have stayed in. Among the challenges:
1. Twice my room key was coded wrong. I could not get in the building nor my room.
2. Not once was I welcomed back as a returning guest.
3. There was a death in the family which required me to reduce one reservation from three nights to two nights. The staff would not honor the rate reserved which caused my rate to go up by $70 per night. I ended up canceling the entire stay and went to another hotel (where by the way the service was great!).
4. My last time checking in, guests had parked in the "10 minute only" spots. Instead of expressing apologies for the inconvenience, the front desk clerk made excuses.

But, apparently, the hotel gets away with the lack of service because the hotel is always full or near full. I, however, do not recommend it at this time.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
ResidenceInnDth, General Manager at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review, Chris.

We're so glad to hear that our property was comfortable for you during your recent stays. However, we are certainly disappointed to hear about some of the hiccups that may have occurred while you were with us. There is no doubt we strive for excellence in all facets of our guest's experience and if we didn't achieve that during your recent visits, we do apologize. Your comments will be discussed with our team as we're always looking for opportunities to optimize the service we provide our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

What a great hotel! We checked in for the evening and were immediately upgraded to a suite. Living room, full on kitchen, separate bedroom with a king bed, separate shower area and separate sink area. Very clean and modern! We loved it!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for the review – we're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

We certainly take pride in being able to provide each and every guest with a great experience, however, it's even a little more special when the visit comes during such a special occasion like an anniversary. Congrats to you both. :)

We look forward to the opportunity to host you again the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Our family of 5 including 2 adults and 3 children ages 7, 10 and 12 stayed here August 3-5 in a 2 bedroom suite. I reserved at the Residence Inn website as found that was the best site. Check-in was easy. The room was clean and quiet. The free breakfast was good. The pull out bed was not too comfortable so my 10 year old used the couch and like it well enough. The pool was great for our children. The location was about 10-15 minutes from Canal Park, and one block from a grocery store.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. If we wanted to stay in the city of Duluth with children, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank eckhoasannem
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you so much for the review!

We're very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott - Duluth. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow travelers; and, we look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon.

Until then, take care! :)

Reviewed 31 July 2018

A nice, shiny relatively new Residence Inn. It's conveniently located next to a Cub Foods and there are a number of restaurants within minutes. The Front Desk staff is quite welcoming. Assistant GM Sara P was very helpful in getting us a good room location.
The Breakfast Room team worked hard and the food supplies were well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review -- we very much appreciate it!

We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property and, even more so, that our team was able to accommodate you during your visit.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Took a weekend trip to Duluth. Definitely one of the nicer Residence Inns I’ve stayed at. They personalized the room for the area and the staff was great.

Love the little kitchen and the staff did a great job supporting me with a late checkout.

Keep up the good work.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Thanks so much for the review!

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay while at our property. We'll make sure to pass along your kind regards to the team. :)