Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
USD 148
USD 136
AmericInn by Wyndham Duluth(Duluth)(Great Value!)
USD 179
USD 110
USD 287
USD 201
Priceline
USD 273
USD 247
The Suites Hotel in Canal Park(Duluth)(Great Value!)
USD 188
USD 177
Priceline
USD 302
USD 284
USD 785
USD 600
All reviewsspirit mountainfree zoofire pitstate trailmom and pop motelfree bikes to ridedouble bednice decklouis rivercomfortable place to staycookie cuttergreat amenitiesnorth shoreliving roomwould definitely stay here againlabdowntown
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I dont think you can find a better deal near Duluth. At first I thought there had to be a catch because it sounded too good to be true. Come to find out, after talking to the owner, Willard Munger's grandson runs the place now and is just trying to make an honest living and keep the place going despite all the corporate competition. This place has it all: breakfast included, fire pits, jacuzzi in our room PLUS a deck with BBQ grill, microwave, fridge, kitchen table, separate sleeping area from the family roomn, TV's in BOTH the bedroom and the living room, free zoo passes, and free bike rentals with the Willard Munger Trail at your doorstep. For all this we only paid $110/night! It is not a 5 star hotel but for the average person you will be so glad you chose this place. Bed was comfy, towels weren't the cheap kind, plenty quiet, and breakfast was better than your standard hotel breakfast. I personally am not a fan of the "woodsy, up north" motif most places on the north shore promote but this place does it well, so cozy feeling! The only negative thing was that there was no drape on the bedroom window so the outside security light shined in but we just turned the other way on the bed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I was in Duluth for a race involving almost 1500 participants. It's a big event with an international draw. I asked for a late checkout (about 12:00-1:00) to clean up. When I checked in, I was told it should be "OK". When I returned after the event, I was told "No, your room was turned over." There were no rooms not yet turned over that I could use. I had to ask twice before he would let me use the bathroom in the lobby. What a great way to bring back repeat customers for a yearly event.

Room Tip: End room had patio lights shining into room through blinds.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed at Willard Munger Inn because of the location, the zoo passes and the price and were not disappointed. It has such a homey feel with wooden beds and walls, a family atmosphere - not the cookie cutter feel you get at a bigger hotel. Both of the staff we talked with were very friendly and eager to please. We had a delicious breakfast, walked on the beautiful trails and were able to take our son to the zoo for free! The hotel staff went out of their way to make sure it was a good experience. We would definitely go back if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Parents traveling to or through Duluth, The Willard Munger Inn is perfect for the kids. Active outdoorsy types traveling to or through Duluth, The Willard Munger Inn is perfect for you. Kids will love the fact the Inn is a 5-minute walk to the Duluth Zoo. For kids and active adults alike, the Inn loans bicycles for free and with Duluth’s wide bike paths, it’s pretty easy to bike where you might want to go. And for everyone, the Willard Munger State Trail, which begins right behind the Inn, offers wonderful hiking opportunities on its web of trails.

For dog lovers, if you get there later at night like I did, you might be greeted by Barney, the resident golden lab who will offer to stand in one place long enough for you to get your pet fix. If you are NOT a dog lover, just knock on the front glass door and the staff will make sure Barney is out of your way while you check in.

For me, besides getting my pet fix in, it was a quiet, restful place to rest my head in a spacious, quaint room with comfortable bedding and plush towels. It also offers more than the usual hand soap if you have left your shampoo behind. My quiet room was on the ground floor adjacent to a park-like courtyard with a fire ring and grill. Room options are variable because many of the rooms have adjoining lock-offs. This Inn would be quite comfortable for even a larger family.

The breakfast was more than adequate and has both hot and cold options in a quaint, comfortable dining area.

This is an historic hotel originally built by one of Minnesota’s first environmentalists. You’ll see lots of copies of his book as well as all kinds of reference material on what to do while you are in the area.

I would definitely stay here again the next time I’m passing through Duluth.

Room Tip: Families - lots of lock-off opportunities
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This motel is the cutest little place. The rooms are log cabin style. They have a big bonfire area and grills you use as well as pet friendly! There are even some rooms that have personal decks off them. Our room was a king bed with a nice tv with cable, a couch that was a futon and a whirl pool and a shower. Great place! Will come back again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple