“Best Birthday Meal Ever”
Review of OMC Smokehouse

OMC Smokehouse
Ranked #3 of 273 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I never knew a chicken breast, grits and sweet potato’s could taste so fabulous. I hope they open more locations in the future!!!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We visited Texas in February and ate our share of brisket and ribs. Little did we know we didn't have to leave town. The OMC Smokehouse delivers the best of the West to the North. Our server brought a dish of pork rinds and 4 different homemade sauces, explaining the flavoring of each. On this visit we sampled the beef brisket and country fried ribs, both excellent! Imagine a tender pork back rib with country seasoned breading fried till tender, then drizzled with a white bbq sauce. Awesome! I chose cheesy, jalapeño grits as my side for a perfect pairing. Chef Louis puts his personal touch on every menu offering.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Eating here was an excellent experience.

The restaurant has quaint country decor.

The waitstaff is excellent, going out of their way to help out.

The food was wonderful. We were served fresh pork rinds with a variety of house sauces which were all enjoyable. Quickly thereafter our entrees were brought out from the kitchen.

Almost everything was flavor enhanced with bacon -- but it was good.

The pork and cheese grits were piled high with thick cheese, pulled pork jalapeño peppers, and a sweet onion & corn relish. The texture of the grits was much more smooth than I am accustomed to as a native Southerner, but perfectly complimented the dish. There were bits of bacon on top.

The collard greens were nicely spiced and flavored with bacon.

The potato salad had a thick dressing with a little ranch flavor and bacon.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Went there with my family last night, the server was awesome. I was expecting more of a Barbecue/Smokehouse atmosphere, this was more of BBQ gone citified. The food was average but I have never paid so much for so little. I think 19.00 for a small half rack of ribs with 2 meager sides is outrageous. (30.00 for a full rack) 15.50 for 5 oz of brisket is unheard of.
The salad was fresh but it had some strange bitter greens in it.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We ordered a chicken quesadilla and a pulled pork sandwich & we were very happy with our food. Best chicken quesadilla and pulled pork sandwich we ever had actually. The meat was perfectly cooked and the classic honey bbq sauce was delicious. The only thing we weren't wild about was the yogurt parfait we ordered, just because the granola wasn't crunchy & crunchier granola would have been a nice contrast to the yogurt & berries, but we will definitely be back.

Been to OMC Smokehouse? Share your experiences!