“I used to rate this place so highly...until I had breakfast there one morning.”

Big Daddy's Burgers
Ranked #53 of 284 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This review is directly related to my breakfast experiences. I have loved Big Daddy's--their burgers, fries, and great service. I've had so-so breakfast experiences but the last time was the last straw. I watched as the cook (owner) continued to pick up his phone and text while he was waiting for food to be grilled/toasted, etc. I never once (and I watched!) saw him wash his hands before handling food. We all know how dirty cell phones are. It was really gross. And THAT is why I couldn't eat my breakfast. Besides that? My biscuit was grilled. Not warmed as it had been before. Grilled. It was strange tasting, hard, dried out. I'm all done going to Big Daddy's for breakfast.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This is an old small cafe for sure but we both loved the burgers and fries. Been in business for 17 years according to our waitress who was awesome!The place was clean and most importantly the people that work there really seem to love their jobs! Definitely will go there again!

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

A favorite each time we are in Duluth. Over the too customer care this time. My wife has allergies and mistakenly thought there would be no fries with her burger. Disappointment showed as she opted to not eat. Our waitress noticed, long story short...fresh burger made and the cook came to make sure there was nothing else needed. No extra charge. It is great when employees are empowered to to the right thing.

Our favorite place is even better.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We went here after seeing it on a “best burger” search of Duluth. There was a short wait and the staff was attentive and working hard. Ordered burgers and fries. Saw them cutting the potatoes in the kitchen so thought all would be good. The burger and fries we received were average. My burger was too done and would have been dry had it not been for the cheese and mushrooms. The fries were not done and were hard. They looked done in the outside but were crunchy on the inside. The milkshake was nice and thick though. Won’t be returning.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Burgers, patty melts are great, more French fries than you can imagine. Our cook was former military, and really knew how to cook. Low key neighborhood atmosphere. If you like fresh, tasty, abundant food this is it!