“Delightful”

Lark O’ the Lake Cafe
Ranked #95 of 267 Restaurants in Duluth
Description: Inspired by the Duluth Aviation Institute, Lark O' the Lake Café offers gourmet ice cream, coffee, pizzas and fresh deli fare with friendly service.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Found my way here on an early Monday morning. It was quiet and just what I needed. The barista told me about the breakfast sandwiches, made my choice up hot and fresh. The coffee was dark and rich. I will go again when next I am in Duluth.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Located at the Southwest corner of Superior St and 3rd Ave. E in beautiful downtown Duluth, MN, the "Lark" provides light breakfast and lunch sandwiches with delightful ice cream for that special craving. Supporting the Historic Greysolon Plaza and displaying an aviation theme to honour the area aviation heritage. It's GREAT!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The wait at a couple other places was longer than we had time for, but this place was almost empty (not a great sign on a Sunday morning, but we thought we'd give them a chance). It was ok, not great, and I probably wouldn't go back. The main reason we decided to stay after not being greeted at our table for a while was because of its proximity to The Duluth Trading Company. Once they eventually got to our table, the service was fine but not super organized. We had two servers whose wires kept getting crossed. One came to take our order and then the next come came by to do the same, etc. Our coffees came in to-go cups while the other table or two had regular ceramic mugs. We all got the bagel breakfast sandwich, which was fine. The bagel was kind of dry and the eggs were a bit rubbery. I've had worse, but I've also definitely had better. The coffee was the same story. It was okay, but nothing great.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Funky cafe with a local flight history theme-- how cool is that? My friends and I stopped here after a long backpacking trip up north and were treated to absolutely fabulous service, the kind I haven't had since I was eight years old being fed by my grandparents for hours straight. Excellent food, coffee, and malts.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Nice place for a drink and a bite to eat. Stopped in with my family and my kids loved it. We ordered three things under $16 and it was enough for 2 adults and 2 small children. A lot of people seemed to be ordering to go. The place was very clean, including the washroom, and the staff were great.

They also offer alcoholic beverages on the menu, as well as shakes, malts, and specialty hot drinks.