“Saturday Date Night”
Review of The Fireside

The Fireside
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fireside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 20 - USD 40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Fireside is a northern Minnesota lakes area icon with house made, hand cut foods. An immense dose of style dominates a menu filled with classic, eclectic and inventive fare. Our stylish, chic and posh dining room is built around an open-air antique charcoal grill with a sensational view of Lake Detroit.
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

The Fireside is our go to place in DL for a nice dinner together. The hostess and wait staff are always on top of their game. They suggest a good wine, ask about apps. The food is excellent, we love the coconut shrimp and the walleye. Pasta dishes are fantastic! The pork tenderloin and chicken, love them. Setty, the bartender makes fun drinks and is a great socializer. We love this place!!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This place was packed last night! The best part was they were offering 3 specials, finally!! They were out of the Mongchon, and I did not feel like Prime Rib, so I ordered the Seared Ahi Tuna. It did not disappoint, yummy! I wish they would offer a special every weekend. Plus, Crystal our server was fabulous!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

This is our favorite restaurant in the Lakes Region. We are fans because we like the classic supper club atmosphere and knowledgeable staff that knows when not to intrude. The wine list is interesting and the entrees are consistently reliable and with a light touch of unique. We enjoy the setting with lake views. It is wonderful for romance and also groups - the dining room never seems noisy, just a gentle hum with music playing in the background. In the summer there is a covered porch that expands seating capacity. . At this writing, happy hour is 4:30-6:30 every day they're open (check for hours). We can arrive at 6:15, get drink and appetizer orders placed for a leisurely cocktail hour and then follow with dinner. It makes for a nice evening. For those wanting a burger and beer, the bar has a sports TV. I highly recommend Fireside!

1  Thank MinnesotaTraveller1
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Granted it was New Year's Eve but not busy there...our service was great but I ordered a steak, medium-medium well. It came rare and the slight amount of hashbrowns were burnt. I had to send it back so I got a new pile (twice as much as the first time) and my steak was done but it took quite awhile so my companion had finished. He had the parmesan encrusted walleye which was pretty good but gooey I thought (the sauce)...I think the beer battered would have been better. The beer cheese soup with fresh popcorn was good as were the rolls. Our plates arrived with hash browns and meat on them...no adornments so kind of blah looking. We got a free glass of champagne for New Year's which was nice. I didn't realize there was a whole addition that overlooked the lake which is obviously meant more for summertime as it had large overhead doors that would view the lake during the day, I'm sure a great place to have a drink in the summer. The chairs weren't comfortable though. I had heard so many good things that I was disappointed with my visit and will maybe go back. The prices were high for the amount of food served, we live 30 miles away with nicer restaurants that are less money so not worth the trip.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

This is a Detroit Lakes must do gem. I would make reservations. If you are here for dinner at sunset bring your sunglasses, everyone else has! For starters the deviled eggs are perfect, I call them Goldilocks eggs, just right! The salads are fresh, crisp and delicious. I had the Crusted Walleye, Parmesan/Almond Crust, Hazelnut in a Butter Sauce. It was awesome. Everyone in our party was satisfied. Have been here several times. Steaks, salads it is all good. But come for the Deviled eggs. If I am near by I make it for at least one meal.

1  Thank MariaT3