All reviews free buffet prime rib breakfast buffet slot machines nice room players card sitting area stayed one night beds were very comfortable king bed players club twin cities gambling duluth payouts concert tile
Reviewed 15 January 2009

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! The best around and the pay offs were more than anyother casino we have been at yes we will be back offten

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kentminneapolis
Reviewed 31 October 2008

Black Bear Casino and Hotel... is a great place to stay no matter when you visit in the Duluth, Minnesota area. We had such a great stay we arranged our trip to return and stay a few more nights. Be sure when you make the reservation that you say you want to stay in the "NEW TOWER". These new tower rooms compete directly with Marriott's top King Suites. Each room has a large Digital Screen.

If you register in their Casino before check-in, (and you ask when booking), you get another giant discount. They also give you $5 each at the Casino and discounts on the buffet.

I think we paid $45 a night mid-week. for what you'd pay $200 plus in D.C. or $300 in New York.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LOVE2TRAVELNPLAY
Reviewed 28 October 2008

My mother, sister, aunt and I all stayed for three nights in the new hotel. We were all very happy with our room, the buffet and everything there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even the slots were good to us! We usually go to Grand Casino Hinkley but, now we will be driving further to Black Bear.....

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2008

I've never been to a casino before, and I wouldn't have been to this one, except that Bill Engville was playing there. My son and I had tickets to see the show, so I decided to stay on sight instead of driving home. It was fun.

The place is large, and new, with a huge amount of parking. Check in to a bit longer than I used to, we had to wait in line while two of the girls behind the desk had a long chat. Once checked in you had to show your room key to a guard so that you could get on the elevator to go to your room [we stayed in the new tower rooms], I know this is supposed to make you feel safe, but it didn't make me feel any better. I can't rate the casino as I didn't play, but I know it is loud and very shinny [also smoke filled]. The food on sight was average, but a good price value.

The room was lovely, with a nice view. Very comfortable beds, and big bathrooms. There was a high pitched noise in the room, which bugged us from time.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank vtmom13
Reviewed 9 October 2008

My wife and I stayed here, in a deluxe room, the nights of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Very comfortable room overlooking the pool area; fortunately from several stories up; I wouldn't care to be on same level as the pool. Casino was fine. At the time we were there, the only dining was in the buffet, which was very good but we'd have preferred better ambience for Christmas, or the deli. However, a new hotel has since opened as well as a steakhouse. Room rates are very good value, as as typical at Minnesota casino hotels.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple