“stunning location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Falls
Lake Byllesby Campground
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Very beautiful rv and camping park on the lake. No wi fi at this time, but you should be outside anyway. Very nice rv spots. Lots of lawn and trees. Showers and bathrooms are open 24-7 very convenient. No pull thur spots but large and easy to use.

Room Tip: All camping spots are very nice
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2016

My family and I boat and fish on this lake all the time since we live in Cannon Falls. Wonderful boat launch and numerous small coves to fish in out of the way of other boaters and water skiers. The beach is fantastic and incredibly family friendly, and the lake is rarely crowded so pleasure boating is easy! Plenty of parking is available for boat trailer parking, which makes launching and recovering a breeze. A well-maintained non-motorized launch is also readily accessible. Although we do not camp, from what I've witnessed the other majority of the other reviews are right on the money! The park also features two large playgrounds as well as clean outdoor toilets. I would recommend this area for anyone looking for outdoor recreation in this area!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2015

Yes I was driving on the road a long time. Exhausted! Had to get off the road & was a female alone – its dark, bambi are out & I’m scared to drive any more. Goal is St.Louis & KY, another 400 miles. Saw safety - a Park sign, pulled in immediately. Attended campground office-closed no sign where to camp or how much to pay. Figured I can pay in the morning after coffee. Put up my tent, drank a couple alcohol drinks and went to sleep. Only to be awoken in the middle of the night by "Miss-I-must-show-you-my-power-Deputy”, flashing hi-beam lites, lite-bar flashing, waking the entire campground, yelling that I “exit the tent now!!!!”. I had a cornory, not knowing what the heck was going on outside! I exited the tent terrified only to encounter this “Look at all my power” female Deputy from Cannon Falls. (who never did tell me her name) Demands my I.D. height, weight, eye color etc. was told I must pack up & leave immediately – “This is not a real camp site - & you are illegally parked!” YOU MUST LEAVE ! I ask that is it true, as I had some alcohol – “OH I’LL GET THE SHERIFF!” He attends, we go through all the hoops again, insists on breathalyzer, sees its true = I did in fact have alcohol. Says well maybe I shouldn’t drink & drive…”MAYBE?????????” Says that I can stay & see the office in the morning or whatever & they will issue me a $105. citation for illegal parking/camping. I insist that I can’t afford that. (I am a female camper, alone on the road, trying to seek shelter from the night, in case of car problems and scared to drive when the deer are out.) They finally agree to give me a warning. They eventually leave me, stating “you can stay or do whatever you want or see the office in the morning or whatever – have a good rest of the night!”
WHATEVER YOU DO – DON’T CAMP HERE ! THE COPS ARE OVER ZEALOUS AND WANT TO SHOW THEIR POWER – IS THERE NOTHING IN CANNON FALLS TO KEEP THEM BUSY – THEY HAVE TO WAKE UP GUESTS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT??

Well guess where I work? I work for the cops too. My Sgt. found this very interesting insisting I drink & drive.

WELCOME TO U.S.A. ! Home of the Jerks!

Room Tip: Whatever you do - don't stay here ! The cops have nothing to do but hassle lone females at campg...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank Blair R
Reviewed 12 October 2014

This campground has extra long spaces for large RVs or double units so easy to back in to (not pull through). There is a dump station free for campers and available to non-campers for $8.00. The campground is on a point of land surrounded by the reservoir created by a small dam. Beautiful on a Fall day like today. Peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. Half the spots are directly facing the water which. there is also a playground for the kiddos, and plenty of paved walkways so kids on bikes, wheelchairs or walkers can safely navigate around the campground. Few trees in the campground itself, but strolling down to the end of the campground brings you to a nicely wooded area and a few private homes. Park was very well maintained, even though it was mid-October when we visited.

Room Tip: Ask for a space that is closest to the water (spaces 20-30, or thereabouts.
Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bigsky55
Reviewed 8 September 2014

This is a beautiful campground. It is well maintained and the lake view is beautiful. There is a big playground on site and a huge beach. The water in September was a bit green so no swimming but the sand was nice. The hosts were friendly and helpful. We recommend going to nearby Miesville to Kings Palace for a burger and Canon Falls for whatever you forget and antique shops. I just wish the campsites were a little more private...they are large so you're not on top of your neighbor but there isn't anything separating you. The best part for those of you from the Twin Cities is that it's close...if it rains or the kids meltdown...it's a quick drive home. :)

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BeckyM472

Been to Lake Byllesby Campground? Share your experiences!