“Great Sunday Brunch”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Co. Rd 42
Description: We are proud to introduce the new Morgan's on Nicollet. Our commitment to sustaining the legacy of family farms in Minnesota runs deep. To that end, we are proud to represent some of the best artisan producers in the region. Look for their names in the various menu selections and know that you are not only getting the freshest and most flavorful products available, but also the most environmentally responsible products as well. When Harold, Steve, Victor & Tim drop off their life's passions at our back door, a simple handshake, a look in their eye and an understanding of the simplicity and balance that exists between the farm and the fork is recognized. At this time, the farmer's hard days' work comes to a close and they are left with the satisfaction that others truly appreciate their passion to deliver uncompromised quality. All of these treasured producers embrace the principles of stewardship & sustainability. All products are 100% natural with no added colors, flavors or preservatives - guaranteed GMO free with no use of growth hormones or antibiotics. Morgan's is also committed to providing our guests with sustainable fish and seafood selections whenever possible. ENJOY!
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife and I went to Morgan's for their Sunday brunch and was very pleased with their food quality, selections, and taste.

Nathan K, Public Relations Manager at Morgan's Farm to Table, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback and business! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We had arranged to have 18 of us come for an early dinner on a Sunday. We arrived a little after 4pm and told them we were the group that had reservations. The greeter had a deer-in-the-headlights look and said she didn't know about us. No big deal since there were only a handful of people there. There was nothing ready for us, so we had to push some tables together.

We were immediately told they were understaffed. There were only a couple servers and one bartender. Our server, Paul, seemed friendly enough, and as we were seated at 3 different tables he treated us as 3 different groups. This turned out to be a REALLY bad deal for the 3rd table. They took forever to get their drinks, but the worst thing was the food. Both of the other two tables were done eating while the 3rd table was still waiting on their food.

I told server Paul that we were a group and that was unacceptable to have such a lag between tables. He said if I had a problem with it we should have gotten a private room with private service.

Talking back to a customer is a line a server never crosses. EVER. I talked to the manager and she gave us some free drinks, $50 off the check, another percentage off the 3rd table's bill and some gift cards for future use. So this server cost his place of employment most of the profit they would have made off of us and alienated the table that would have paid the bills to be open that day as it was otherwise very slow.

He ruined what was supposed to be a special gathering and an otherwise delightful meal, as lost in the shuffle was the fact that the food was excellent.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We showed up at 5pm to get a meal. The assistant manager sat us and took our drink order. At least 5 minutes pass she comes back by and states a new server just clocked in and he will be taking care of us. Another 5 minutes pass he brings our drinks but brings the wrong drink for my husband. Knowing he is going to through it away I decided to keep his drink too. After asking for kids menus again we finally get them. We places our order and wait and wait and wait. We didn't get our food for at least 45 minutes. In the mean time I asked for hot water and he bought in a glass cup...that is all i have to say about that.
We finally got our food. My steak was over cooked and no flavor. I know I had a carrot on my plate too but it sure didn't taste that way. He never asked how our food was or bought us cold water, asked to refill any beverages.
We go to leave, of course the server is MIA! He brings our check and give us a gift card to us next time we come...we aren't going back!!! So my husband using it to pay the meal....after talking back and forth he lefts us use the gift card and we were just thinking of walking out because nobody actually helped us. We were there for over 2 hours.

All in all you a paying $30 for a meal this isn't the place to go!

Nathan K, Public Relations Manager at Morgan's Farm to Table, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

On behalf of everyone at Morgan’s Farm to Table, we want to apologize for your experience on Sunday January 7th. On this particular evening, we experienced some unexpected staffing issues that ultimately affected our ability to service our guests to our own standard. As the assistant Restaurant manager who was there that evening, I want to sincerely apologize for not touching base with your table more. Because of the staffing issues, we were unprepared for the volume of business that we received and much of my time was spent assisting the kitchen staff get the food orders out to the dining room. Moving forward, we are implementing proactive measures that will minimize interruptions in staffing levels which will translate to improved customer service and ultimately increased guest satisfaction. As a customer, I would also have the same level of frustration with the situation. If there is anything we can do to make the situation a little better, please feel free to send us a personal message.

Alanna Giraldi
Assistant Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped for a burger on a Sunday evening. She had the ahi burger and I had the French onion burger. Mine was ordered medium well but came well and crispy and dry ,,,, thank goodness for the onion soup au jus. My daughters ahi tuna burger came very well done too. No pink at all. When you’re dropping $20 a piece for burgers, they should at least be cooked correctly. Nice place but i don’t think I’ll be back

Nathan K, Public Relations Manager at Morgan's Farm to Table, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

We are so sorry to hear about your experience. Your business is truly important to us! Please contact Michael if you would like to discuss more and rectify the situation. We hope you will consider us again, so we can do a better job.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Over the course of the week I️ have ordered off their menu. The breakfast steak was absolutely perfect! The spinach and artichoke dip is pretty amazing. The house salad would have gotten a much higher rating from me without the poppyseed dressing. The skillet potatoes are bland. Food needs more spice or you can add salt and pepper.

The service is wonderful! Marv and Jim rock I️t in the bar! Susan is very pleasant when placing your order. All and all a good experience. Farm Fresh and GF!