“Good Food. Decent Prices. Huge Servings”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #20 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I've eaten at Denny's, IHOP, and Perkins all over the Midwest. But never at an Original Pancake House. When we went to this OPH, I based my order on those experiences and ordered hash browns, a ham slice, and sausage patties. OMG. The portions served at The Original Pancake House are 2-3 times the size of those other restaurants and the quality is excellent.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I have dined at both the Edina and Eden Prairie, MN locations for breakfast many, many times. Both establishments serve consistently excellent food. Bring a big appetite! Omelettes, pancakes and waffles are are among the OPH specialities and they can not be beat. To accompany the entree, the fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee are terrific.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I think its kind of silly to go out to eat for pancakes because of how cheap and easy it is to make them at home--but this is the exception!! Their pancakes are truly exceptional, thanks to their fermented batter! I will only order something that comes with those pancakes! On my last visit I went on a limb and ordered their cherry crepes (only because I could steal pancakes from my friend's plate!) and they were heavenly!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have visited this restaurant a couple times this fall and winter. I've always loved crepes so we had to check it out since finding crepes on a menu are few and far between. We tried the all meat omlette and of course strawberry crepes and delish thick, crisp bacon. The meal melted in my mouth. We went back again and ordered the same thing. Will be back when I'm craving crepes again. Must better than IHOP crepes!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

OPH is in our regular restaurant rotation because they do an awesome job with gluten-free needs. Our daughter has eaten there multiple times and had no reactions.

OJ is fresh squeezed, whipped cream for crepes is homemade, the hot chocolate is to die for, and you can get pancakes any way you want them.

It gets busy on the weekends so you have to use the No Wait app to get in the queue. Then you walk in at your assigned time and jump to the front of the line. Super easy!