“Pretty good”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Third Lake
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

The chicken and ribs were delightful. Get the gouda mac n cheese side!! The nachos were uninpressive for us.. we like our nacho cheese to be liquid and this cheese was just clumpy and made the nachos hard to eat. Service was decent enough! Good atmosphere to chill iut and have a beer with:)

Kris S, Owner at Bbq'd Productions, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Hi Ashley

Thank you for the review and for being our guest. Sorry you weren’t a fan of our nacho’s. Our Nacho’s are my number 1 selling appetizer. We do make it with fresh cheddar cheese, fresh Gouda, and fresh mozzarella. We like to use fresh, high quality ingredients. Cheese sauce, (liquid cheese) is hard to find that is pure cheese. However we gear our nachos more to a Kansas City style nacho. The ribs are one of my favorites.

Thanks for being our guest. Hope to see you soon.

Owner.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Don’t let the outside fool you, as this restaurant is in the strip mall. The huge neon sign though should give you an indication of what the inside is like. Very lively and bar like. There is an entire row of TVs across the top of the full length bar. The seating is a mix of high tables, low tables and counter style seating. We were seated promptly and a waitress came and took our drink orders.

We were a little concerned because the couple behind us was complaining about the wait time on their order. We hadn’t ordered yet and they were making me kind of nervous that we were going to be waiting a long time for our food and we were very hungry. I asked the lady, but she told us she thought their waiter was bad, but that our waitress was very good. She told us they were regulars and the food was very good, worth the wait. So we went ahead and ordered and were pleasantly surprised. Our food was finished within five minutes!! No kidding!! We could not believe it. And the couple behind us literally got their food right after I asked them about their experience.
The regulars were right! Food was worth the wait and our waitress was fantastic. Fast, friendly and quick with the refills, which is important to me.

We ordered the 10oz pulled pork with cole slaw and the beef brisket with baked beans. Also ordered a side of cornbread. Let me start by saying that I don’t really too spicy. The beans had a bit of a kick, with a variety of beans in it (the big white beans. It had good flavor, but too spicy for me. The cole slaw was very creamy, flavorful and wet – I don’t like a really dry cole slaw unless it has vinegar in it. The corn bread was very odd. It was in the shape of circular patty and tasted almost like a soufflé, but it tasted almost like it wasn’t cooked thoroughly. Not a fan. The meat was UH-MAZING. The pulled pork, however it was cooked/marinated, was oh so good, even without the sauce. Very flavorful and tender. It was truly special and one of the best meats BBQ meats I have ever had. The brisket was tender and flavorful as well.

There were several sauces: IBC root beer, Maple Chipotle, Alabama White, Chicago Sweet & Spciy, Sam Adams Boston Lager, Alabama White and Carolina Vinegar. The Carolina Vinegar was a tangy vinegar barbecue flavor. The IBC was sweet and did not have an overpowering root beer flavor which I thought it might. It was very good. The Maple Chipotle was not overpowering maple and had just a little bit of heat. I always lean towards the vinegar ones, but they were all amazing. Husband’s favorite was the Sam Adams Boston Lager which was also amazing.

We will definitely be going back there when in the area, and maybe during a road trip. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

The hype was the majority of food is made from scratch, well I expected BBQ would be but I was not impressed. My tips were very dry and too chewy, seemed to have been under the lamp too long. Sides were average and definitely did not taste from scratch. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable which made choices easier. Didn't feel I got my money's worth compared too some other local BBQ places and will not return.

Kris S, Owner at Bbq'd Productions, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Hi BGskyman

Thanks for being a guest in my restaurant. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit at my restaurant. As far as rib tips sitting under a lamp, it's impossible for that to occur as we don't own any lamps in our restaurant. Rib tips are traditionally full of fat and cartilage, and are typically chewy and that's why people order them, as they love chewing meat off the bone. I often explain to people when going to a steak house, known for steaks.....order a filet mignon, or a Strip, or even a ribeye. Ordering a sirloin or a skirt steak isn't the best option. Same with BBQ, we are known for our award winning ribs (baby back), brisket, Pork, Turkey, and all my home made sides. We 100% make all our sides from scratch, either from my late mother's recipes or ones I've created. Rib tips are not what we are known for but we have them because there are some people who just love rib tips (me....not a fan in general). Please come back and give us another try and have something our bbq place is known for. Hope to see you again soon

Owner
BBQ'd Productions

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Not sure why people like going here so much, other than its the ONLY BBQ place in town. I have been here many times, and it's ...ok...the brisket can be done better - often dry and the burnt ends are not good at all. You can always slather it, tho with one of any selection of sauces they have..They do a decent job with chicken and ribs and pulled pork are ok , too. I think actually, they do birds the best..smoked turkey is not bad either. Its very close to me, so we go because - its the ONLY BBQ place in town!!...and they are quick and service is very good. They used to have some of the best chicken wings I have ever had, but they since have gone the route (due to convenience, I would suspect) of deep frying them. Last time we were there, they were so dry , it reminded me of the Griswold Turkey scene...plus we got an extra bonus of god knows what it was , fried glob or unidentifiable chicken part as part of our order: 'you try it', no, You try it'. No one tried it. These are not good and not really anything different you'd get at some other average bar or restaurant. Big Ed's has some of the best brisket and ends around, but I dont know about the other menu items...just as a comparison. The sports bar thing is ok, if that's what you're in to. Also, have those goofy slot machines - just to get an idea of what the place is like..

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We've heard about this place for quite some time and finally came here. Drove an hour and it was well worth it! The ribs are REALLY good. Actually everything was good! They have 6 different homemade sauces that cover a wide spectrum of flavors. We will definitely be checking out their other location. The spicy pickle chips are a great starter.

Kris S, Owner at Bbq'd Productions, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hi Paul/Holly

Thanks a bunch for the awesome review. Glad you got the opportunity to come in and visit with us. On your next visit give the Nacho's a try. Those are worth the drive alone.

See you soon