“Always Great”

Fiesta Cancun
Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Brooklyn Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

In the mood for good Mexican food, lots of chips and salsa, and a good bang for the buck? Fiesta Cancun is the place. They never disappoint and always have good specials. Note: taco specials on Tuesday at $1.25 per taco - beef or chicken, hard or soft - the chicken soft tacos are killer!

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We had our family bring us here to celebrate us all getting together. It seemed like a nice place, we were greeted and seated as soon as we walked in. Great start. Our sever was obviously new and was in desperate need of further training. She didn't know the menu, didn't know the specials, she really needed a trainer with her. The mistakes she made throughout the meal was extensive. The manager's are only setting her up to fail.
Speaking of the manager, I noticed here going in and out of the kitchen with open-toed flip flops on. I'm pretty sure this is a health code violation. It is in my home state. The manager then approached our table to inform us they had run out of something and offered us another choice, never offering any comp or discount for our trouble. That's just poor customer service...period.
Back to our server; there were enough of us sitting at the table that she was unable to bring the entire order so when she received help, let the auction begin! Who had this, who had that...really? Figure out where the food is to be delivered BEFORE you get to the table.
Enough! For those of you still reading, the food was ok and I would probably go back if someone else wanted too go, but be warned. If you can see mistakes on the dining room floor there's likely equal problems in the kitchen. If the place has a sign..."Under new management"...Go!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Recently moved to the area and looking for good places to eat. This place will be one of our regulars! Went for dinner on a Thursday night. The restaurant was not packed but was busy. Our waitress, Elizabeth, was great; friendly, helpful, informative. I had a small strawberry margerita, blended and it was perfect. my hubby had a Dos Equis beer. they served us chips and salsa to munch on. Chips were crisp and yummy, salsa not too spicy. My husband ordered the Burrito Acapulco - shrimp, black beans, onions, rice, lettuce, tomoatoe and melted chipolte cheese. We were stunned when this dish arrived. It was huge! One huge burrito on the plate. he loved it. Could eat only half and took a half home. This cheese is a bit spicy, you can feel the "burn" in the back of your throat, so not good for me as I have reflux issues. I ordered the Burrito Vallarta - shrimp, chicken, onions, tomatoes with melted hceese (not spicy), with lettuce, tomatoes, grated cheese, sour cream and rice. It was wonderful. Love Mexican rice and this did not disappoint. The burrito was wonderful, delicious. We will definitely go back. Delicious food. I will look for a steak and shrimp combo next time, perhaps fajita. Would recommend.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

The only thing good here is the food. The service here is unbelievable horrible! They are not friendly here in the least. They take your order then you are on your own after that. Then they just drop your bill off & don't even ask how the food was or if we'd like dessert. The shrimp tacos are so good or I'd never step foot in this establishment again .

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We have enjoyed all of our meals, most often, the fajitas for two. This easily serves two -- with leftovers for four more meals! We have always had friendly service, (if not always speedy -- they can get really busy), but they have already enlarged into the neighboring store (of the strip mall) so waiting can be part of the package.
Lunch or daily specials are a terrific deal -- I believe they are all under $10.
Also the food is all fresh made, and there are lots of Spanish speaking customers, leading me to believe that the food is very authentic; all I know is that we like it.

You should try the flan (which sadly, is not available on every trip) but there are a few other tasty choices for dessert, if you still have room. Usually we skip dessert actually. There aren't chocolate selections, after all.