“most recent visit Saturday morning breakfast...”

Hy-Vee Market Grille
Reviewed 4 January 2018

quiet atmosphere prompt service, several interesting items on the menu. once ordered the kitchen quickly produced a tasty breakfast. portion control was good. the waitress kept my coffee cup full throughout my visit. good value for the customer. i will be back and soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Looking for a place to eat Sunday morning half way between our house and our friends, we picked the Weekend Brunch Buffet at Hyvee Market Grille. This is not fine dining, but for $14.95 it was a very nice buffet. Here is a list of the things I can recall: hash brown casserole, scrambled eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, beef sliced to order, omelets to order, eggs benedict, sausage, bacon, lo mein, a stir-fry, pancakes, waffles, cookies and bars, one type of salad (Caesar?) with a few toppings, and fresh fruit. I don't know if this varies, as this was our first time. I also did not try everything. But, here are a couple of things we all commented on at the table. Everything was fresh looking and fresh tasting. The buffet room is very small, but worked fine for us. The young man making omelets was awesome and friendly. Two of us had omelets and commented on how good they were, although there were a limited number of add ins available. All of us commented on the freshness of the fruit and the fact it actually tasted like fruit. The strawberries in December tasted like strawberries, which of course is unusual in itself. The pineapple was ripe. The eggs benedict were very good, but the muffin was a bit overdone. The bacon was well cooked and very large. The beef was possibly a prime rib and it was really good and nicely medium rare. Horseradish sauce was available. The only negative I could give was the sausage gravy, which lacked sausage. It tasted good, but it wasn't worth the space on my plate, although the biscuits were nice. I did not have the pancakes, but my husband was not overly impressed. The staff was just lovely and let us sit and open our Christmas stockings. The coffee was really good and there was plenty to be had. All in all, the four of us were very happy. We would definitely eat there again, but if you don't have the beef and order an omelet, it is not worth the price. There is a bloody mary bar, which was not included in the buffet, and we did not partake. There is also a full bar, so you could get other drinks. In addition, you could also order off the menu. Afterwards, we shopped in the attached Hyvee grocery store which was fun and very convenient.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

The breakfast buffet no longer includes trips to the outside deli counters, ex. Salad bar, etc. Hopefully decreased price to compensate for reduced selection ?

Reviewed 14 November 2017

They have a new menu with more choices, like breakfast items serverd all day. The food is always good and the staff is good as well. They also have a variety of food kiosks in the store that you can order from and eat in another area (back by the bakery) so if you want to get in and out rather quickly, you can choose from those and eat in that area instead. If you eat in the restaurant, but sure to get the honey topped muffins with butter before your meal is served. They are big but light and fluffy.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for an early dinner. We enjoyed happy hour half price apps. We had the fried orzo, meatballs and wings. All were awesome. Inexpensive too! We hope they open a Hy-Vee near our home, so we could go there more often. We can't wait to try the Sunday brunch!

1  Thank WallaceMN