“Cozy and Friendly”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brainerd
Whiteley Creek Homestead
Ranked #1 of 3 Brainerd B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here as a mini honeymoon in June of 2013. They only had the 4th of July room left and it was fine for us. The only bad thing is that it was right by the door where everyone comes in and the windows over look the common area so you don't really want you curtains open. The owners are friendly and very welcoming. They have a huge fire place on the screened in porch that is an old truck bed--it's very nice to sit around it when it's cool and chat with other people. They also usually have marshmellows to roast. Also treats at night. The breakfast area is an old traincar and very unique. I wish we could have enjoyed it more, but unfortunately we were in town for my father-in-laws funeral. I love the chickens that roam around.

Room Tip: I would suggest a cabin apart from the main house.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2013

It truly was a treat to spend two nights in this most unique bed and breakfast. The little cabins are very quiet and absolutely charming - giving us a sense that we had traveled back a couple decades in time. We enjoyed sitting by the big fire in the main house at night and before breakfast the next morning. We loved the "Out My Kitchen Window" cabin and hope that I'll be able to return to try some of the other cabins.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LouisaL
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I rented two cabins at Whiteley Creek for a girls weekend. I rented "Out my Kitchen Window" and "Three Marigolds and One Other Flower". I have not stayed here before and was a little nervous. However, I had nothing to be nervous about. The property is well kept, cabins clean and a very nice innkeeper.

"Out my Kitchen Window" is a cozy, two story shed stye cabin. The lower level has a twin bed, fireplace, kitchen table with four chairs and two lounge chairs. To access the loft you need to navigate a steep set of stairs. In the loft you will find a queen bed, bathroom area and clawfoot tub fit with shower. In the loft area you will also find set of French doors that lead to a small porch. The porch is the perfect place for a nice cup of coffee. I should mention that the bathroom area is not separate from the sleeping area. The toilet is hidden behind a wall, but no door.

The "Three Marigolds and One Other Flower" cabin is a single story, one room cabin. This cabin is located closest to the main house and where breakfast is served. The cabin itself sits behind a faux mercantile storefront and next to a red caboose. The inside is finished with wood panel walls and blue carpet. The cabin has a recliner, wicker loveseat, fireplace, kitchen table and three chairs, queen bed, bathroom area and clawfoot tub fitted with shower. The toilet is private and tucked behind a vintage door, but the door does not go floor to ceiling. The tub and sink area can be closed off by pulling a fabric curtain on a clothesline. The nice part about this cabin is the large front porch with two rocking chairs, which is the perfect place to watch the sunset and chickens.

In general, the cabins were very clean, comfortable beds, soft towels and wonderful breakfasts. The main building offers a large screen porch with tables, chairs and a lounge area in front of a huge fireplace.

A few items I would like to mention. The cabins have a window ac and box fan. They also have a radio, but no TV and no Internet. The property is dark at night and you should bring a flashlight to get around.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharib
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed here recently in "out my kitchen window cabin". Adrienne and Dick were incredibly accommodating. "out my kitchen window cabin" is described as a loft but really it's two floors with a steep stairway to the upstairs. This cabin worked best for us because Adrienne was able to put a twin bed down below for our daughter while we had the queen bed upstairs. Breakfasts were yummy and healthy, served in the rail car diner shown in the picture. The back porch with the games and information about the area and big fireplace is a great gathering place. Admittedly we didn't get a chance to partake of the evening snacks, the local walking trails, or the canoeing -- much to our disappointment -- but I'm sure they are all wonderful. A bed & breakfast isn't for everyone, but for those that enjoy them I highly highly recommend this one. p.s. Dick is a bit of a "motor head" and treated my husband to a tour of his cars.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The atmosphere and service at Whiteley Creek is a very warm and donw to earth. We stayed in a room in the main inn that was small but very comfortable. The most fun thing was the antique water pump that had been modifed to operate with a faucet. Before we left home, I took the shampoo out of my bag, assuming there would be some in our room. Unfortunately, there wasn't. The soap that was provided was a lovely, natural, skin-loving basil. In the evening we sat in frnt of the huge fireplace and had s'mores. In the morning, we were amazed that the hostess made pretty much everything from scratch, including rolling her own oatmeal! Delicious!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Flowergirl1165
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brainerd
17.9 km away
17.2 km away
Shady Hollow Resort
Shady Hollow Resort
#4 of 5 in Brainerd

Been to Whiteley Creek Homestead? Share your experiences!