“A Mixed Bag”

Crave - Mall of America
Reserve with OpenTable
Crave - Mall of America is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 244 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Ave
Transit: The Mall of America is accessible from several light rail and bus lines.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A bit of a mixed bag for us. First off, the service was outstanding. Really, as good as it gets.

As far as the food, I ordered the glazed salmon which was not good at all. Glazed salmon is usually one of my favorite dishes and I order it often when we eat out so I know how it's supposed to be prepared. This salmon was very over-cooked and poorly seasoned. I really couldn't even detect any glaze on it at all. It was way too expensive to be that bad.

My wife had a tuna bowl which was excellent. If I had it to do over again, I would have ordered that. Even the rice was outstanding.

I also ordered an old fashioned to drink which was just OK. For dessert, I had the peach bread pudding which was absolutely amazing.

So definitely a mixed bag for us.

MelissaAtCrave, Guest Relations Manager at Crave - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you again for this feedback, Anthony. We sent you a private message on Yelp so we can connect directly.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had a family gathering here after we all went to Crayola.........I've never been to a Crave and it didn't disappoint. It's not cheep, but the pricetag totally fits the GREAT food. Also, we had fantastic service.....highly recommend!!!!

Hi Ed, thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed your meal and we hope to see you again soon.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Our family of six went for dinner and was disappointed that the dishes didn’t have more flavor. Despite pleasant staff and decor, it was also quite expensive for what was served. One kids Mac and cheese, three Mac and cheese, a burger and one beef stroganoff, 4 sodas and 2 waters- over $114 without tip. We all agreed that the meals were very bland and beef in stroganoff was poor quality. Fries were good.

MelissaAtCrave, Guest Relations Manager at Crave - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for this feedback, Sleepb4travel. I will send you a private message so we can connect directly.
~Melissa

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoyed our meal here. We were surprised the wait was only 15-20 minutes on Friday night-we were so worried we wouldn't get in!

We both had mixed drinks (wonderfully strong) and started off with the Truffle Parmesan Fries. We both agreed that these Fries forever ruined our future experience with normal French fries-they were SO GOOD.

My husband was an adult and had the Crab Topped Filet, and I was a child and really wanted the baked Mac n Cheese. We both had a little of each others-very tasty all around.

We ended up getting some dessert in these perfect sized shooters as well.

All around awesome, and we wondered why we hadn't been here sooner.

MelissaAtCrave, Guest Relations Manager at Crave - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Alyssa, thank you so much for dining with us and taking the time to share your feedback! Please know that I will share your compliments with our management team and the chef. We hope to see you and your husband again soon. Thanks again! ~Melissa

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were just there on Tuesday night a party of six for a work meeting. Drinks were good, we had six appetizers which were ok, more drinks a bottle of wine with dinner our bill close to 675.00 our party had two different steaks sushi boat, and we each had sea bass. It was terrible, very fishy tasting and kind of rubbery. I love sea bass and there was something wrong with this and for 35.00 each you'd think it would have been awesome. I'd probably go back for the steak but never for the sea bass. Very disappointed and thought you should know.

Brenda
Brenda.hulsebush@yahoo.com

MelissaAtCrave, Guest Relations Manager at Crave - Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Brenda,
Thank you so much for this feedback. I will email you so we can connect directly.
Have a great weekend,