“Great Sushi Place”

Kintaro Japanese Sushi and Steak House
Ranked #9 of 93 Restaurants in Blaine
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Love this place for sushi!

I'm not sure why more people don't go to this restaurant. Whenever we go it's usually pretty empty.

But they have very good sushi!

Reviewed 24 June 2016

My family and I decided to stop by this restaurant to celebrate Father's Day on a Wednesday night at around 8 pm. The 7 of us walked in and wanted to sit out on the patio. As we walked out there and saw that there were not many people and a large table of 10+ people finished with being served and preparing to leave, the server came out and told us we could not sit outside as only one table is set up for parties more than 7. We asked if we could combine two high tables - to which the waitress said she'd ask her manager. I was sure that the MANAGER would say, sure, we will accommodate as we are not that busy. I was very wrong - the waitress came out and told us we could not sit outside due to reservations - really? People had sushi reservations at 8:15 pm on a Wednesday night? I don't buy it for a second.

When we decided to eat inside where all the tables literally sit on top of each other, it was over 10 minutes before the waitress acknowledged us.

I called the next day (today) to speak to the manager about this disgusting experience only to be told she was not in yet and to try back later. I asked if there was only one manager and of course, the answer was yes. So, because it's probably the same manager that told us NO, I figured I'd share my review to a larger audience.

FYI: I am a 30 year native of the community where this restaurant is located and can say with certainty that they don't stand a chance. The location they occupy has had about 8 restaurants occupy the space in the last 5 years. BUST.

1  Thank Amy N
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

The sushi was like buying it at the grocery store. The crab was imitation crab sticks, the rice was mushy. Just really cheap bad sushi. Outdoor area was nice to sit at. Friday evening and the place was dead.

Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

We sat at the Sushi bar and were not diapointed. I have been strict Vegan since 1/1/16 but tonight I had some of the best prepared and tasty sushi I could have asked for. Great Miso soup,seaweed salad and Sopporo beer on tap. My brother had hibachi and said it was also great, Our wives had the masterpiece you see in the attached photo and we ended up doggy baging some home. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Kintaro is close to home for us, 10 minutes and about 5 minutes from my wife's employment. We overlooked them the first year or so they were in business but now wonder why we didn't try them sooner. The Hibachi side features a a grill for up to 8 or 10 people with an entertaing show by the chef. We love the Filet with Scallops. We order the Fried Rice with every meal. The servings are generous including the entree choice. It is a fun atmosphere with terrific food. Looking forward to going back soon.