“Nice Clean hotel friendly staff, good pool for the kids”

Super 8 Blaine/Mpls/St. Paul Area
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blaine
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Nice Clean hotel friendly staff, good pool for the kids”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Rates were good, staff friendly, pool area nice and warm, over all good place to stay. FYI the breakfast was a little on the lite side, very basic.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I had read the mixed reviews before booking my hotel, but figured we were not going to be spending much time there except for sleeping and because if its location we would give it a try. In retrospect I am unsure how anybody can give this hotel a good rating. When I checked into the hotel I was told the only room they had left was a smoking room. (Even though I requested a nonsmoking room.) I was not happy but thought well mistakes happen let’s make most of this.

Right before I walked into the room I knew there was a problem. I could smell the stench before I had even opened the door. I had smelled smoke before but this room smelled like someone had died and they had not cleaned the room in quite some time. There was no way I could spend the night there.

I went back to the registration area and double checked that there was not another room available. (There was not.) When I explained the problem and said I could not stay in the room the women at the reception desk said she understood and seemed to imply this is not the first time this happened and that she would have to call her manager. When she called the manager he explained to her it was past the cancelation time and that we had already checked in. I could not believe what I was hearing! Well I was not going to stay there for the night so I left and stayed at another local hotel. (Paying for that as well)

I called back there the next day hoping that there would be a manager on location that would be friendlier. When I called back the next day I was told there was no manager on duty but to give them my phone number and he would call me back. I am still waiting for that call. The customer care was the worst I have ever experienced. I will never stay here again and would recommend others to do so as well!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReliableTripReviewer
jwmcd, General Manager at Super 8 Blaine/Mpls/St. Paul Area, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for recent review you posted informing us of the 3rd party online booking engine trouble you had. With all 3rd party booking engines they unfortunately can not guarantee a non smoking room type when there is no availability. We apologize for the confusion that occurred during your check in.

We understand the 3rd party booking engine has not refunded your money for putting you into a smoking room when you requested a non smoking room. At the time if we had a non smoking room available please know we would have accommodated you. We have contacted the 3rd party booking engine ourselves on your behalf to get your money refunded, we have not heard back from them.

Let me assure you in the future if you would like to make a reservation at our location please contact us directly and we will make everything right for you. We again apologize for any and all inconveniences you experienced. Let us know what else we can do to keep you as a customer.

Sincereley,

Super 8-Blaine

Travellers are raving about these Blaine hotels

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I booked a room and then went to cancel it 30 minutes later but was stil charged for the full nights stay. Call customer care and they were the rudest, meanest, hateful person I've ever spoken to. She eventually just hung up on me without any resolution.

I will never stay at a Super 8

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MarkandJamie60
jwmcd, Manager at Super 8 Blaine/Mpls/St. Paul Area, responded to this review, 14 May 2011
Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent unforturnate experience you had while booking your online reservation at Super8.com. We have good news, the charge to your account did not happen at the property level. knowing this we have contacted customer care to get your charges reversed. We are not in the position to loose one customer and we know we have lost your confiendence and I would not expect you to return to Super 8, but if you decide to give us a second chance we at the property would welcome the opportunity to demonstrate our passion for hospitality. Please feel free to contact us directly for your next reservation.
Lake Forest
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Not many options in the small city of Blaine. Arrived to find out the room I booked on Expedia with a King Bed did not match their records. The gal at the front desk was very nice and acknowledged that I did book a room with a King Bed however their system had me booked with two queens. She confirmed they did have open rooms with king beds however she couldn't put me in one even though I had the printout showing I booked the King. Room itself is a little outdated. Room did come with microwave and fridge which is a plus. The curtains were pretty thin so it was very bright in the morning.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigAlFromSoCal
wisconsin
Reviewed 5 January 2010

The Blaine MN Super 8 is a great place to stay in the Twin Cities suburbs. Considering it is near Mpls, it is a very good price, clean, nice rooms, and whole hotel. They serve a nice continental breakfast, have a nice pool and hot tub area, and the staff is VERY friendly, and helpful. We stay there often.

My only complaint is they don't have a sauna if you like those, but not a necessity. And during the big snowstorm for 3 days while we were there, their plowing wasn't great. They should use a different plowing service. We got stuck in the lot, there were lots of bumps and ruts like the plow guy didn't finish the job. BUt all i all the hotel is one we will always go to when in that area

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blaine
2.3 km away
Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
8.8 km away
LivINN Hotel Minneapolis North / Fridley

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Blaine

Been to Super 8 Blaine/Mpls/St. Paul Area? Share your experiences!