“Field Hockey Tournamt”

Railroad Street Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Linfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

We were recommended by our hotel to dine here and so very glad we did! The pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich and cheeseburger were great! Loved the atmosphere. We liked it so much we went back for lunch!

Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

We have been here many times. It was great to see so many families here tonight.
We like the sandwiches and especially the grilled cheese.
Tonight I had a specialty sandwich, the Artisan Po Boy. I would recommend NOT having this and better yet that they take it off the menu if they can't execute making this sandwich better than they did tonight. The bread was cold. Not even room temperature. The bacon was barely warm and the filling to dense cold bread was way off. I scraped all of the filling off and ate it as a salad. The fries were hot but soggy. All in all...... not the best meal I have had there. The sampler appetizer was good. I hope this was just an off night because they were busy.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Hmmmm, have to admit, the reason we tried this restaurant was because of the RR bumper stickers that we see everyplace we travel, and I mean everyplace within a one hour radius. The marketing with the free RR bumper stickers is brilliant, I have to give credit to the person who came up with that idea.

We ate outside both times we were there as when you first enter in the main entrance of the bar it is very very loud and crowded and personally I don't find the dining area on the inside very appealing or attractive enough to want to sit there right next to another table while eating. Even though we were there twice in November it was on really warm nights so we got lucky.

Both visits we got off to a rocky start. The second visit I asked what type of beer they had like an "Octoberfest" type beer and the waitress said she had no idea and that I needed to go read the board over by the door. Actually I didn't want to figure out where the board was and then read it to decide what to order. You would assume the waitress could just offer some quick suggestions, but that wasn't the case.

The food is ok if you are headed out for bar food and are not healthy eater I suppose. It appears you need to like mac and cheese or a grilled cheese to enjoy the menu. For whatever reason the waitress on both visits tries real hard to insist you need to order the sandwich I wanted with two types of cheese shown on the menu that I do not care for, I just wanted American Cheese which seemed to insult her, this happened on both visits. I also ordered my "grilled cheese" (which is not something I would ever eat on a regular basis) with rye bread and it did not come on rye it came on Texas Toast.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

We had not visited the Railroad Street Bar and Grill in quite some time.....unappealing beer selection, terrible food, uncomfortable bar seating, and so-so service had turned us off to this local pub.
Frequently seen new magnetized bumper stickers on cars peaked our interest - as did a look at their beer menu on-line. And are we ever glad we decided to go by for lunch.
Bartender Ashley didn't recognize us a 'regulars' so she took a few moments to greet us warmly (seriously warm but professional) and review the new menu with us. There were 5 (yes five!) DIPAs on draft. This is Beer Heaven for devoted Hop Heads.
We ordered handmade cheese sticks (called Spikes) for an appetizer. The Spikes were tasty - the sauce a bit bland but edible.
A selection of Mac and Cheese was new to the menu. I ordered just plain Mac and Cheese which was only available in a little (side size) bowl. Pretty darn good - but it would have been even better in a bowl of main dish size.
My hubby ordered the Saltimbocca cheesesteak. He loved the bread. Although he said the sandwich could have more meat - he seemed pleased and scarfed down every bite. His side order of 'dry' fries (fries served without Old Bay seasoning) weren't quite hot enough he said they were tasty.
Avoiding salt is difficult in restaurant meals. We asked Ashley to have the cook leave off salt from anything he could....and he did. We were very happy with the meal. Thanks Ashley!
The bar has been retrofitted with a foot rest. A cute little sun porch has been added out back. The bar was clean and bright. Ashley made sure that we left the bar with a choice of different colored car magnets so that we could help spread the word.
(A note for Mike: thanks for the great DIPA selection and hang on the Ashley - she is awesome!).

1  Thank maggiedw
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

This was our third time here. We ate outside on the patio for the first time. We have enjoyed the food each time were here. It is a happening place. Everyone in our development sports the RR magnet on their cars.

1  Thank Tiny and Dee G