Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South
USD 166*
USD 119*
USD 114*
Agoda.com
Grand Rapids Inn(Grand Rapids)
USD 59*
USD 135*
USD 126*
Priceline
USD 171*
All reviewsgrand rapidsnice hotelspacious roomwater pressuresectional couchnewer hotellight sleeperfree breakfastbathroom doorbaseball tournamentking bedyogurtgood nights sleepgreat breakfastfrench toastdance competitionmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We came in fairly late (1:30 am) and it took a minute or two for someone to meet me at the desk. She was friendly and talkative. Had I not just had a VERY long day, this would have been good but she had no way of knowing that. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. We had the king size suite. Our daughter slept on the couch and didn't even need to pull out the hide-a-bed. The room has one large plasma TV that pivots between the sitting area and bed area. I think I would have preferred two smaller sets but I'm not sure how that would work noise wise because the divider was small. The biggest downer of the room was the bathroom. The door to the bathroom was so large, and the room so small, that you either had to step into the shower (and hope it wasn't wet) or straddle the toilet seat in order to open the door. Otherwise the room was nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for your review Art-n-Lisa, I’m glad you enjoyed your room along with the reception you received when you checked in. Traveling can be tiring, I’m sure you were exhausted by the time you arrived. I hope you and your family enjoyed your visit to Grand Rapids.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt Place. The room was very clean and the hotel was beautiful. It had a very modern look to it. I have nothing bad to say about it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I came work a very large party who travels to the area every year around the same time. It is a difficult to accommodate a large group like mine and the Hyatt was the only hotel around that could.

When I first arrived I was a little annoyed that none of our rooms were ready but we did arrive earlier than expected so that wad not the fault of the hotel. We had a catered lunch that was good and the staff was very accommodating. One in our party odds approx to shellfish and nuts and Amber on staff went immediately to find her more salad dressing. I was impressed with her quick response and three amount of other options that she provided.

After lunch, our roomd were still not ready but again the hotel said thy did not expect us until 3pm. By about 2:30 our room was ready. The rooms are great. They are large, modern, and comfortable. It was nice to have a living room to socialize in.

One staff member went above for us and I couldnt have ask for better service from Bram, one of the managers. He was extremely attentive and on top of it. He made sure we were enjoying our stay and had everything we needed. He definitely made our stay better because of the attention we received. I would recommend this hotel too anyone and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear5 lilcarp18,

Thanks very much for the five star review, and especially for taking the time to mention Amber and Bram, it absolutely made their day! It was our pleasure to have your group with us and I’m glad to know you had a positive experience. We hope to see you again next year!

Best,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

The room was a very comfortable, lots of space to move around. The only minor complaint I had was the tv was set up more for rental movies and specials as the free cable tv was very limited for choices. I was hoping to watch the hockey game and the only way to see it was to purchase the hockey center ice for the night. Very nice swimming pool, and the breakfast was above average.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daniel f
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you for your review and recommendation!  We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was my second visit and I was completely impressed with the staff's willing to go the extra mile to make sure everyone is satisfied. For the price you will never find a better hotel, the rooms, lobby and halls are always clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks so very much for writing a review and your continued loyalty! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area!

Thanks again,