“Enjoyed our Visit”

Ranked #50 of 77 Restaurants in Wyandotte
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 March 2015

My husband and I recently stayed a couple of days in Wyandotte. We wanted a bit of local interaction so decided on the Speedboat. The boat crashing into the roof of the bar did the trick of capturing husbands attention! At first, we were unsure of our choice. It was a bit chilly (winter after all) and wine was pricey for what it was. Those were the only two down-sides. The upsides outweigh that. The bar staff was so friendly we were made to feel at home. Every other person at the bar (we bellied up) was a local but made us feel as if we were among friends. We got tips on restaraunts and things to do. It appears as thought the restaurant part has plenty of seating and would accommodate a sizeable group party.

1  Thank hansonv

Reviewed 7 November 2014

I like this place. The new owner is a doll, and she always makes sure I have a good time. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The food is good and really inexpensive. I feel comfortable going in here by myself, as I'm well looked after. I try to get to Michigan just to stop in here!

1  Thank phoebessh
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stopped in here again while visiting the area and I really like the burgers. I missed the perch dinners and wanted to try them but the burgers are really good. The fries are typical forzen and not so good but burgers are pub yummy. Waitress was pretty cool and attentive and this is diffently a good ole home town local pub. I liked it and will return again. I hope to be in town for the perch dinner next time. Good prices and food and a good old tyme pub :-)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Good burger and fish. Service is hit or miss. Good selection of beer and liquor. Many TV's for watching sports. OK atmosphere.

1  Thank Denise_D07
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I walked into Speedboat at the same time as "rick and becky". They were both called up to sing karaoke within 5 minutes of entry, and I had to wait an hour to sing. Also, the karaoke host, another "rick" does his best to make sure that nobody sounds good when they sing. Doesn't want the competition apparently. He also had the nerve to put his hands on me (warning: he's a butt man) when I sang a karaoke song. And look out for the "one free refill" on pop. They hurry to take your glass when it is still half full of pop and top it off - thats your "free refill". And you won't find out until you get your bill. They also refuse to take reservations, even for a birthday party. I mentioned this to the owner and explained that other places take reservations, and he blatantly told me to go somewhere else then...so I did. Customer service? Maybe if you want to be treated bad - or, if you want to be treated right, you can go somewhere else...like I did. You won't be missing anything. Its a hole in the wall with a bunch of old people singing old songs you never heard of in your life.