“Pretty darn good”
Review of Alvi's BBQ

Alvi's BBQ
Ranked #25 of 82 Restaurants in Wyandotte
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Came at 3:30 for an early after school dinner. My son and I split a slab of St Louis ribs and had the smoke house nachos with chicken. Both were very good. The fries reminded me of carnival fries (which I love!) and the Mac n cheese was superb. It was a $2 upcharge to make it a side with dinner and totally worth it. Tried all the bbq sauces. The hot was my favorite. Will be back.. Also our sever Kaylee was very attentive and not overbearing at all.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Went to Alvis for the first time. Ribs and pulled pork were great as was the coleslaw. Mac n cheese excluded from choices of side dishes and cost of $5 to order as side. Waitress allowed an “up charge” of a mere $2 to go with dinner. Come on really?? Why would mac n cheese cost extra?? Never saw that one in a Bbq joint ever. And......it was pretty awful mac n cheese. Tasteless white sauce.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We went for a late lunch, around 3:30. The place is well put together and clean. The server informed us that 3 side items on the menu were no longer available, and baked potatoes couldn't be ordered till after 4:00. Not a good start. Two of us ordered the beef brisket. It was overcooked and so dry it crumbled everywhere. The pulled chicken wasn't fresh. It was microwaved and rubbery. Three of us had a beer $6 each. Total bill not including tip, $81.00. It wasn't worth half that price. Lesson learned.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice environment and great that they take reservations. As an admitted Q snob I look for things like a nice smoke ring and caramelized sauce. Unfortunately I saw neither. Also missing was the enticing smell of SMOKE that you can smell a mile away from true Q places. Might go back and try again but won't go out of my way.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is our second time here in the last month. Definitely a "gotta-go-back" type of place. The first visit was very good. This trip it was even better. Joni and I both ordered from the evening specials menu. I ordered the Pulled Pork Burger with a side of their AMAZING Collard Greens. I would come back again just for the Greens. I love to dip the Jalapeño Corn Bread in the Greens.

But the big hit was Joni's sandwich: The Pork Belly Sandwich. They really need to put this on their regular menu. It was sooooo delicious.

Gotta Go Back!!