1,466 results
All reviews beautiful grounds afternoon tea junior suite beautiful hotel four poster bed the river cocktail bar scones luxury hotel beautiful room relaxing weekend wedding anniversary special occasion cooked breakfast staff were attentive lovely setting couldn't fault
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I booked a weekend for my husband and myself at the hotel for our anniversary. Grotty weather (it was January!) but beautiful location near the Thames at Marlow, in acres of landscaped gardens and land. The spa was a particularly nice feature, with excellent facilities and very welcoming staff who kept guests well supplied with robes, towels etc and added to the relaxing atmosphere. Only slight niggle was that there were no loungers available when we first arrived, but then we spent our time in the pool, steam room and sauna. We also enjoyed treatments eg massage/oil and salt scrub provided by friendly professional staff in pristine conditions.
The hotel is a beautiful imposing Georgian country house and the bedroom was quaint and comfortable (inclduing a pink chandlier!)with a very modern ensuite - a nice mix of old and contemporary styles.
The bar was run by a young expert barman who entertained with his cocktail skills - not flashy just clever. Dinner was superb and in beautiful room adjacent to the terrace - I enjoyed 'melt in the mouth' chicken liver risotto followed by fish pie overflowing with a mix of tasty fresh fish. The staff were again extremely professional without being overly formal. Breakfast the next morning was available on the terrace or in the adjacent rooms, with a buffet offering a wide range of items inc fresh fruit, meats, cheese, croissant etc, with the opportunity to order the traditional English breakfast fare inc porridge!
All in all, I would very much recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing break but with the opportunities to visit local attractions inc a trip on the Thames. I will definitely be going back when the weather is better!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I recently stayed here on an overnight spa package and had a wonderful time.
The staff are an absolute credit to this place and everyone was polite and highly professional.
Food was amazing and we had great cocktails in the cocktail bar.
The spa is very high quality and we spent a long time relaxing here with lovely fluffy towels and robes provided.
The bedroom was big and the only disappointment was no hairdryer or tea and coffee in the room and that the beds were very soft but that is personal preference.

We had a really good relaxing stay here and felt wonderfully relaxed when I sadly had to go back to work on monday morning!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LK17
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I had a business meetingat a nearby location so my wife accompanied me on this trip. While the room was a bit small, and could use a little fix up, it more than met requirements - and the bath was quite updated. The hotel layout had us in an out building - not part of the main building - but this wasn't really an inconvenience. The service was absolutely outstanding across the board. We only dined at the less formal restaurant. The menu was limited, but excellent and not overly priced. The bar was quite traditional with excellent service and stock.
This is a business hotel so there may be meetings/conferences going on that will cause some facilities to be crowded at times.
The hotel sits between the towns of Marlow and Henley - both have an abudance of excellent restaurants and the Danesfield will provide you with lists and maps.
Well worth the money - we would like to go back in better weather.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We had a fantastic weekend. The stunning gothic buildings are set in beautiful landscape with amazing views. We received top quality service. We were very impressed with the continental breakfast served - the wide selection of ham, cheese, pastries and fruit were all delicious. The spa was lovely - unfortunately the jacuzzi was not working during our stay but the treatments, pool and sauna and steam rooms meant that we had a very relaxing time. One bad point is that the treatments are expensive. Our room was beautiful with grand country house styling and the bathroom had a very good shower. The three of us shared a twin room (with an extra bed) and we had plenty of space. Our room was on the ground floor so we were unable to open our windows which we would have liked to do to get a bit of air circulating in the room.
We did not eat in the main restaurant (which was very quiet) and chose to head to one of the local country pubs for dinner - the Royal Oak - where we had a delicious meal in a lovely cosy pub.
A very enjoyable weekend away in a beautiful country house where we were treated like special guests!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I can only say positive things about this hotel, the location, service, first impression, food, cocktail bar, wine list, breakfast - everything!
Stayed for one night with my fiance, and had such a lovely evening it would be hard to top it! The knowledge of the staff there and the service is simply unbeatable. Everyone I saw said hello, always checking to see if you need anything, or offering their help. I was pampered from arrival to departure.
The hotel itself is breathtaking. A magnificent white castle-type building, within formal gardens and nested in 60+ acres of open land and woodland. We were welcomed with a smile and proffessionalism from start to finish.
Thank you Danesfield, for an AMAZING stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business