“Won't be going back”
Review of Anna's House

Anna's House
Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Westland
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We looked forward to visiting Anna's after hearing much buzz about it. The place is undeniably beautiful with bright colors and funky decorations (a framed wall display of toasters for example). However the service was terrible, our waitress took our order and delivered our drinks. My wife was given no spoon for her coffee. When the food came I had to remind the waitress that I had no silverware or napkin. Needless to say, the server never came back to check on us or to offer refills on the coffee or pop.
Now for the food: my wife had the chicken salad which was very bland, just a bunch of chicken cubes on some greens and it had no walnuts as described and just a few dried cherries. I had the Chicken Roma panini sandwich on sourdough bread. The chicken didn't have that nice grilled flavor and was not served hot. It was accompanied with "kale chips: which was an alternative to potato chips. The kale chips (fried) were incredibly salty and I could not eat them.
Anna's offers a huge variety of breakfast fare which seemed pricey.

1  Thank Gorton54
Annas H, Guest Relations Manager at Anna's House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Gorton,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Please know that we are passing along your information to the team to ensure improvement in all categories. With your information, we will be able to pinpoint where we went wrong and use it as a training moment to our servers. If you're ever dissatisfied with your meal, please let one of our team members know right away and we will switch it out for something you love. We truly hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

A delightful place, Decor was cheerful and spacious. Menu is extensive! You can order vegan, gluten free, dairy free and foods are sourced locally. Fancy and not so fancy coffees and beverages. Our food was exceptional. I had the California scramble and couldn't finish it, though I really wanted to! Hubby had Cuban Benedict and inhaled it. The mojo aioli was fantastic, I kept sneaking tastes of it. Melanie our server was delightful. If you can get there before 1130a for lunch. It fills quickly. Open from 6a-3p.

Hi Oldsoul,

Thank you for highlighting some of our great dishes. We're always happy to provide a delicious dish to our guests! We hope to see you again for that second visit!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast because we read about Anna’s opening a second location in Farmington Hills.

Decor was really nice, restaurant was clean and bright. I will say the heating system could stand to be balanced. While the seating area was cool to cold the restroom was like a sauna.

Now the important part....the food. We had a breakfast burrito and an order of Pecan pancakes.

The burrito had way too much onion that was still on the crunchy side. The onion over powered any flavor that may have been in the burrito. The hash browns that came on the side were dry and tasteless.

Pancakes were ok but I can do just as well at home. The syrup that came with the cakes was cheap corn syrup or something similar, definitely not close to real maple syrup.

The real surprise was the cinnamon roll we ordered to go. It looked nothing like the picture on the menu, more like cinnamon bread than a cinnamon bun. It was presented cut the in half toasted with frosting on the side. All served up in a box that looked like it had been used before.

I’m still tasting onion as I write this!

Guess I’ll skip this one and stick with the better places around Farmington area.

1  Thank tman5781

Hi Tman,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience. Please know that we are passing along your comments to our team to further improve our offerings. We genuinely want you to have an amazing meal whenever you come in, and we're sorry we didn't provide that this time. Our goal is to provide fresh, high-quality dishes to all of our guests. If you're ever dissatisfied with your meal, please let your server know right away so we can switch it out for something you love. We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to prove why we're voted the #1 Best Breakfast in Michigan.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter is on a no gluten diet. She found this place through an app she has. Much of the food is organic, and they were very conscious of my daughter’s gluten condition. I had the corned beef hash and it was excellent, and made from scratch. I don’t recall what my daughter had but I do remember she enjoyed it. I totally recommend breakfast here

Hi Joel,

Thank you for your kind words. We love to serve gluten-free dishes along with traditional breakfasts like corned beef! We hope to see you and your daughter again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant keeps calling me back. There are so many unique items on the menu. The restaurant is doing well, and always seems to be busy, but we are seated quickly and served promptly. Today was the first time we've waited for a seat (Easter Sunday), and I doubt it was for much more than 5 minutes. You might pay a little more, but you get a lot of food. I've always taken half the food home.

If you are by yourself, you can sit at the large, curved lunch counter.

Hi mm,

Thank you for leaving such a positive review. We're so happy you keep coming back. We hope to see you for time number four soon.