All reviews fire pit beaver birdhouse teepee retreat peacocks goats property wifi
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to vacation with family. There is a lot more to do here than I had originally thought! Peacocks, swans, ducks, deer, goats are just some of the animals we've seen so far. Stayed at Eagle's Nest lodge and it is so spacious. Had 5 adults and three children. Kitchen and appliances are up to date. There was even laundry detergent for the washing machine. Wish they had put tin foil & saran wrap in the kitchen to use though. Pretty minor thing of course. The staff even brought a kiddie pool for us to use! Bags of ice at the main office was only $1.50 so that was nice and convenient. This is our first trip here and I'm sure it won't be our last!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Todd R
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We spend four nights in the Beaver lodge during Fourth of July week. Total of 6 adults and five kids. It was even better than we expected! The kids caught and released a ton of fish in the stocked ponds. We went on hikes on the property, explored the large teepee, swam in the pool which was very clean. The grounds were so nicely maintained. There was a playground, half court basketball court, shuffleboard, tennis court, community fire pit. I thought there would be people everywhere given that I believe they were sold out but we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. We had a canoe permit and were able to drop the boat in the water from the property and get picked up downstream at Walhalla rd. Took about 40 minutes by boat, 5-10 by car. We saw two bald eagles, snakes, frogs, fish, lots of deer... Our "cabin" was beautiful. It had everything you would need in the kitchen, even an electric griddle, pie dishes and muffin tins! It was extremely clean. Wifi was ok in the main room and deck, not that we wanted it much! We can't wait to go back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
BarothyLodge, Owner at Barothy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

We love your enthusiastic and thorough review, toddlermom81. We especially love its title and all the ways your group explored and enjoyed this 'wild' place AND how you spotted so many of its wild inhabitants. :) Way to unplug! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this sweet review. See you soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Last year, same weekend, a 5 day "boys retreat" was very pleasant, beautiful and great for a Get Together; we were 8 in the Birdhouse..plenty of room, with 6 bedrooms !
Fishing...I decided, to skip the fly fishing and instead played golf 4 days. Already made reservations for same week and Lodge next year.

Room Tip: FYI..this is not for you..IF YOU need to see TV or have WIFI. Life is probably better without those, for a week anyways once in a while.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Well this is my 6th Birthday Weekend Get-Away to my most favorite place in our wonderful great lakes state. My very 1st visit was for my BIG 5-5 back in 2012, little did I know my life would change, for the better! Was planning on going to a B&B but that's not my style, remember a friend mention Barothy and blessing have abounded. It's such a reward to become one with nature and the pure way of living. Still amazed by the sights and various critters the roam around the area. After being diagnosed with Melanoma in 2013 and becoming a survivor after some major surgeries and recovery, I just had to keep my tradition of not only coming for my birthday but early summer vacation, a weekend or a week makes the stress of the rest of a year disappear. I've mentioned in previous reviews as feeling like family when here, no... it is family! When I retire, I plan to find land nearby and build an exact version of the Log Cabin, but I might add a Hot Tub! See you all in 2018 and my 61st B-Day!

Room Tip: Every lodge is fantastic!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Peaceful setting in West Michigan Woods. Knotty pine interiors, custom wood furniture, and Log cabins. Use the fishing ponds or fish on the river - just outside the door of many of the 15 cabins. Pool, shuffle board, teepee, hiking trails. Community fire pit, but campfires not allowed at individual cabins.

Room Tip: Rainbow Lodge is private, on the river, and walking distance to office, pool, etc.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Timothy A
BarothyLodge, Owner at Barothy Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review, Timothy. We're very happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one!