“Growing Pains?”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Have been a long-time fan of Frankie's for years. Was surprised to walk in recently and see the physical changes, but not very happy with the experience. Let's just say we had a condescending waiter who was also serving as bartender and we almost walked out. He blamed the management for insisting there would be no alterations to the menu (i.e.: to make a dish gluten free by substituting potatoes for pasta). When we mentioned we had never experienced any problem there before with such a request, his tone became quite annoyed and he said it was not his or the chef's decision. While he brought our wine fairly quickly, our order was 'misplaced' (we overheard his conversation a few feet away with another server and it was clear he didn't follow through on checking whether it has been put in). It took over a half hour to get our meal in a half empty restaurant. On a positive note, the food was excellent- the new chef is Cheryl Bernacci (sorry if I misspelled the name) and we have eaten at other establishments where she has cooked. The server/bartender was very prompt to bring the bill however, and at that time made a lame apology with excuses as to how he initially acted. I really hope management reads this, because with help like that, you will lose customers quickly no matter how well prepared the meals are. May come back, may not...will be watching other reviewers to see if they had a similar experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Frankies just catered a finner for me. The food was excellent. All of my guests said that it was sme of the best food they had had in a long time. Delivery was right on time and there was plenty of food for everyone. I would highly recommend Frankies not only as a good restaurant to go to but excellent catering. Thanks to Cheryl and her entire staff.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Small plate menu and new decor. Great food on our visit, very good service. Spent a long time and were never rushed

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I recently learned that Chef Cheryl Bernacchi was at Frankie’s Place. I’m a huge fan of hers and know that she has a very loyal following by foodies in the area. We were delighted by the whole experience. We began by sharing three appetizers: the chili-rubbed shrimp, the honey-crusted cauliflower, and the chicken liver pate. A delight in every bite. For entrees our group ordered the Bucatini pasta, the Bolognese pasta, the halibut, and the Copper River salmon. Simply out of this world! The service was spot on. I’ll be back real soon. Bravo, Frankie’s Place.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Thought we'd give the new Frankie's Under New Management or new ownership I'm not sure a try. There is a completely new menu be aware of that. The meatballs, sliders and pork wings where very good. The downfall and why they need good luck is the service is really bad the bartender cannot keep up with the drink orders, that is a problem. We can usually tolerate having to wait on our food if we can have a drink but when you can't get drinks in a timely fashion that made for very unhappy customers the evening we were there. Again good luck I hope they get it straightened out.