“Good Thai in Troy”
Review of Orchid Cafe - CLOSED

Orchid Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 July 2015

Located in a small shopping plaza, Orchid Cafe is a nicely decorated Thai restaurant with comfortable seating. The menu offers a large selection of Thai dishes with and without meat something to please everyone. I ordered Pad Thai which came with soup, along with a soft drink. When the dish arrived, the portion was huge, enough for two people. As far as taste goes, it wasn't the best I've had, but it was good. It may have been this restaurants preparation. The food came in a reasonable amount of time and my server a very friendly fellow providing a nice atmosphere to eat in. All in all I enjoyed my experience at Orchid Cafe.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I have never found a better Thai restaurant in the Metropolitan area better than Bangkok 96 in Dearborn Michigan, there's something incredible about the flavors of BK96 that other Thai restaurants seems to fall short on. Orchid definitely satiates the Thai craving, but it, along with most other Thai restaurants makes me wonder why I didn't drive a bit further and get mouth-watering Thai from BK96 instead. My standard for determining if a Thai restaurant is any good is the N2/N3, Pad Pak with vegetables only or the Pad Thai.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

Very slow service, barely cooked vegetables, ice cold plates for hot food, mushy white rice, bland soup, server disappeared,.....and only three tables occupied (on what should have been a busy, weekday, lunch hour). Now I see why I didn't have any trouble getting a parking spot when all the parking in nearby restaurants was packed. This used to be a very good Thai restaurant. Although the servers were smiling, no one seemed to really want to run a restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Service is very friendly and efficient. Menu is very similar to the other restaurants in the city and food is generous and prepared well. Not a bad neighborhood restaurant choice.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were surprised how empty the restaurant was on a Friday evening. I had previously been there for lunch when I was lucky to get a table. However the food was as good as I remembered and the wait staff were able to spend enough time with us to make us feel welcome.