“Mediocre food, mediocre service”
Review of Orchid Cafe - CLOSED

Orchid Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Very slow service, barely cooked vegetables, ice cold plates for hot food, mushy white rice, bland soup, server disappeared,.....and only three tables occupied (on what should have been a busy, weekday, lunch hour). Now I see why I didn't have any trouble getting a parking spot when all the parking in nearby restaurants was packed. This used to be a very good Thai restaurant. Although the servers were smiling, no one seemed to really want to run a restaurant.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Service is very friendly and efficient. Menu is very similar to the other restaurants in the city and food is generous and prepared well. Not a bad neighborhood restaurant choice.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were surprised how empty the restaurant was on a Friday evening. I had previously been there for lunch when I was lucky to get a table. However the food was as good as I remembered and the wait staff were able to spend enough time with us to make us feel welcome.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I was not a big fan of Thai food until I tasted it at Orchid Cafe on Rochester Road. A small but cozy restaurant with a friendly staff makes this a pleasant neighborhood dining experience. I highly recommend their spring rolls to begin the meal. My dining companion had the barbecue salmon and I had the pad thai the first time I ate there, then the sweet and sour the second time.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I have been going to Orchid Cafe (both locations, this one and the Square Lake and Livernois location) for over 20 years. The quality of the food has always been excellent, and the service is impeccable. I have been a big fan of the garlic chicken for years, and I have never been able to find another Thai restaurant that can compete with the way Orchid Cafe prepares this dish. Always a great dining experience!

1  Thank MichiganEileen