“Great food hidden in an unexpected spot”

Robby's Taqueria TC Mexicana
Ranked #83 of 342 Restaurants in Traverse City
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Robby's shares a building with a couple financial firms a couple miles east of downtown. Their patio is pretty colorful, but it is still easy to miss if you don't know it is there. We were a little worried when the place was almost empty on a Thursday afternoon during tourist season - other places had been packed - and the menu was fairly basic Tex-Mex.

However, they do Tex-Mex better than any place I've ever eaten it in the Great Lakes. The choriqueso appetizer was a nice change from the typical bland queso and chips, and my chimichanga was delicious. It was perfectly cooked and set on a bed on queso-soaked rice. My wife had chicken enchiladas, which is about as basic as Tex-Mex gets, and she was impressed by the flavor and juiciness of the chicken. We will definitely be back the next time we're in Traverse City.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We have been pleased during several visits to Robbys with the quality and variety of food as well as the reasonable prices. Drinks are good as well!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Great food, great drinks and great staff!

Mostly everything on the menu is spicy and I do not like spicy! Our server took the time to tell me what to order if I'm not into spicy. She was right on with her recommendation! I really appreciated that.

The bartender makes GREAT Margaritas!

Reasonably priced!

Robby's does not disappoint

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Right across the street from the Bayshore Resort. You could drive by this place if you were not looking for it. Very modern interior. Very pleasant service. Nice beer selection. Pretty large menu. Chips and salsa are good. The four of us had four different items and all of us were very happy with our food. Some of us thought that the seasonings could have been a little stronger but my fish tacos were almost too zesty for me. This place is not a fast food joint and the prices seem to reflect being in TC but we all thought the food was worth it. We would stop in here again, no problem.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I really love this authentic Mexican restaurant. The staff was very nice, the food was so delicious, and the decor is beautiful. I have been here a few times now with family and friends. Each visit has been relaxing and enjoyable!

Date of visit: March 2017