“Breakfast @ Frenchie's”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I love their coffee!! I always order off the board and I was not disappointed! I had the shakshouka which was awesome!! My friends had the breakfast sandwich and they were a bit disappointed as it maybe had a tablespoon of sausage...like I said order off the chalk board and enjoy!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Huevos rancheros was terrible. More like raw egg soup drenched in salsa verde with 4 little chunks of pork ! Worst $12 breakfast ever!!! Won't be back for that slop again.

2  Thank Craig W
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Very tiny place with great homemade food. Not a large menu to choose from, but it is known for the pastrami and it did not fail! I enjoyed a breakfast of chirizo country gravy over really fluffy scrambled eggs with homemade muffins! Hubby got the pastrami, he enjoyed that also on the homemade bread.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Stopped there around 2pm and the 10 or 12 seats were full. Ordered a Ruben to go. 15 minute wait in my car but worth it. So small you must wait outside. Food is tops but if you eat inside prepare to not have much personal space. Unfortunately a bit to packed for me to enjoy dining inside but I will return for carryout.
The pastrami Ruben was the BEST in TC. Huge, real meat and a tangy sauce on a home made roll. Several on menu, mine was $14 but a meal. Only the cook (owner?) and the server/bus/cashier. No room for anyone else. Cook was very busy as was the pleasant server.
The renown chef, Mario Batali, regards this little place as one of his 9 favorite eateries in the world!

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Frenchie's is a wonderful American small town icon for breakfast / lunch. We love Traverse City, Michigan and we love their special "little places" that are like nowhere else" in America. Frenchie's is that kind of place. Here is the problem and part of the charm: Frenchie's is very small. Seating is available for only about 10 people. OK, but the owners really do not care if all of the tables are filled, and make no attempt to accommodate those patrons that are waiting outside for a table. They refuse to take a order from those people who come in for carryout, with the excuse that "we are too busy, come back later". When you finally get your food...... the coffee, which is great, is put in front of you in a flash, with no sugar or cream, and no spoon to stir it even if you had the sugar for cream. If you stand at the counter to ask for these items, you are ignored and can not get any service. The last time we were there, I actually walked behind the counter (because no one was paying attention) and grabbed the sugar and cream myself. The french toast and the crepes were delicious, but again they came with no napkins or utensils. After our food was served.... no return to our table or coffee refills. We had breakfast at Frenchies in 2013, 2014, and 2016. We love this place, but HATE the service. Come on Frenchie's, get your act together, and realize what at great thing that you have!

2  Thank Billjan1969