“Friendly service, so so food.”
Review of La Senorita

La Senorita
Ranked #202 of 330 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 July 2015

We went to the M31 location and were instantly seated and met our waitress. Weren't very hungry so just ordered a plate of nachos to go with our very cold beers. While there, several large family groups were seated along with the scraping noise of the tables and chairs being moved around. Not a place for a quiet romantic dinner. Will try the other location on Garfield as the enchiladas looked good on the menu; They also have ground beef (Tex-Mex style) if you like that meat in your food.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

I've always been a fan of La Senorita, found them in Mt. Pleasant, MI years ago while in college. Love that I have one 8 miles from my house in Lansing, MI but I finally visited the original restaurant and was blown away. The ambiance/atmosphere/decor is incredible. Jeanne was our server and she's been there for all 35 years that it's been opened, what a special treat for an avid fan. The food is always amazing and fills that craving for Mexican when I get it. I tried one of the specials - Chipotle Port served Fajita style - YUM! Would get that again.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Got there in time for happy hour which was 1/2price all drinks. Margaritas were amazing and the beer selection was good for the hubs. Tiffany our server suggested fajitas which were piping hot and very generous with the shrimp. The other entree was a wet burrito for what they are known for. Timely, friendly and good atmosphere.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

On a whim we went to this location. It is very dark inside. We had to "find" the door to get in. We parked and realized the door was all the way around the other side from our car. No big deal-I can burn a few calories walking there. But theres a poorly maintained sidewalk to get to the door.

The service was fine. Our server was nice and the food was brought promptly. But it was just ok. Funny I figured there would be some parallel between the other location which is good. Nope. Don't look up at the ceiling cuz its dusty and covered in cob webs. I call it dirty. I didn't feel good about the kitchen if the restaurant seating area is that dirty. No windows and no natural light. Its dark and dingy with sub par food.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

No wait on a Friday night. Had a liter of frozen margarita's. Food was good ( chicken enchilada's & chicken& spinach quisadilla's ). They offered a smaller portion so that was good for me.