“What A Find!!”

Sleder's Family Tavern
Ranked #40 of 330 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: Sleder's Family Tavern, a Traverse City original and Michigan’s oldest, continuously operated restaurant established in 1882, is known for its cozy and casual, family style dining with historic decor, animals galore, and the longest mahogany bar in town stocked with local and international wines, domestic beers, and micro-brews. Football games are mandatory; we have bar specials during Red Wings games; and our ``On the Porch`` Concert Series has been hosting exceptional national and international singer/songwriters for over 20 years. On our lunch and dinner menu, you'll find diverse American foods, 100% beef burgers, and homemade fries. Come enjoy a basket of perch or a buffalo burger with a pint of Sleder’s Cream Ale, and don’t forget to kiss the moose for luck!
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We ate lunch here on the recommendation of friends and we weren't disappointed! The food was amazing as was the staff. We are at the bar and our bartender couldn't have been nicer! When we inquired about the soup of the day she brought us a sample of all 3 to taste. All were very tasty but my husband got the clam chowder. We had the baked Brie appetizer with a cherry/ orange marmalade jam on top, yum!! My Santa Fe sandwich was delicious, SO fresh!! The decor is fun and if the bar could talk it would tell stories of its 135 years of continuous service....

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I took my boyfriends boys with me to dinner at what use to be my favorite restaurant in TC, loved the atmosphere, food and service! Well this evening the parking lot in the back was a sheet of ice which the 8 year old boy fell putting his tooth through the bottom of his chin under his lip. We came in to clean him up. After all that we got seated and the waitress came over I told her about parking lot and I didn't want anyone else hurt, she stated that there was nothing they could do, rubbed me wrapped big but we stayed bc I loved this restaurant. However the only thing I enjoyed this evening was the ranch everything else was just average. So disappointed!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Met a dear friend of ours for lunch. Good food and the clam chowder was tasty. Do be patient, as seating can sometimes be a problem, as this is a very popular place to meet & eat. Lots of history at this place. Claim to be Michigan's oldest restaurant / tavern. If you mention Traverse City to almost anyone, they'll recognize Sleder's and most likely will have eaten and had a drink there. Just a special place.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had chili loaded(Sarah topped off bowl), onion rings, and shared cod fish sandwich and delicious fries(many more selections). Don't forget to get your picture with one or all three moose heads.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This is located away from the downtown area but easy to access and in a beautiful area. It is what it says it is: a Family Tavern. We loved it! The menu is not extensive but very good. Highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys good service and food and a friendly staff.