“Use to love this place!”

Sleder's Family Tavern
Ranked #49 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I took my boyfriends boys with me to dinner at what use to be my favorite restaurant in TC, loved the atmosphere, food and service! Well this evening the parking lot in the back was a sheet of ice which the 8 year old boy fell putting his tooth through the bottom of his chin under his lip. We came in to clean him up. After all that we got seated and the waitress came over I told her about parking lot and I didn't want anyone else hurt, she stated that there was nothing they could do, rubbed me wrapped big but we stayed bc I loved this restaurant. However the only thing I enjoyed this evening was the ranch everything else was just average. So disappointed!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Met a dear friend of ours for lunch. Good food and the clam chowder was tasty. Do be patient, as seating can sometimes be a problem, as this is a very popular place to meet & eat. Lots of history at this place. Claim to be Michigan's oldest restaurant / tavern. If you mention Traverse City to almost anyone, they'll recognize Sleder's and most likely will have eaten and had a drink there. Just a special place.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had chili loaded(Sarah topped off bowl), onion rings, and shared cod fish sandwich and delicious fries(many more selections). Don't forget to get your picture with one or all three moose heads.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This is located away from the downtown area but easy to access and in a beautiful area. It is what it says it is: a Family Tavern. We loved it! The menu is not extensive but very good. Highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys good service and food and a friendly staff.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Their burgers are very good but, on the last visit, I tried something different - the wet burrito. I ordered the chicken version and it was outstanding. I will order it again the next time we eat there.