“Solid chain style restaurant”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #175 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I eat lunch here a few times a year. We enjoy the Margarita chicken, fajitas and a variety of salads. Their "two for $20" entrees with an appetizer is a good deal with a good selection of choices.
Their margaritas are also very good and prices are reasonable.
Waitstaff has always been pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Disappointed .....place very dated and really shopworn. Can't comment on the food....we left. Needs a good cleaning. Sat for a few minutes at a sticky table and decided 'not' gonna do it.

Reviewed 7 July 2015

I've had the occasion to dine here three times within the past couple of months; once chaperoning a group of teens, again with my family, and lastly with my mom. All three visits filled my belly with good food.

1) Teen Visit. They sat us in the bar area which was fine except fitting five 'adult' bodies in the booth was not comfortable. Keep that in mind if they try to squeeze you into that. This was our first experience with the table top kiosks that offer games, the chance to reorder drinks, and pay for your meal. The kids thought they were playing a 'free' game, but we ended up getting charged $1.99 for it. Food at this visit was fine with two burgers being ordered, one rack of ribs which resulted in a lot of Yums from the boy, and I got the tacos which were flavorful and fresh. We all split a dessert as well which was snarfed down quicker than a seagull eating chips on the beach.

2) Second visit we also sat in the bar. Hubby and I split the 2 for $20 and were pleased with the options available to us. I got the Mango Chili Chicken which had a bit of heat - so be warned if you don't like spicy food. The chips and salsa are always a favorite with their light as air texture.

3) The final visit was during happy hour, so we picked three of the special apps for our meal. The Queso was OK, but we both really liked the boneless wings and the Southwestern Eggrolls. We could have probably just gone with the chips and either the wings or the rolls. Not a bad price deal with the chips/queso being $2.99 and the wings and rolls being $4.99 each. This special goes from 3-6 PM M-F.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

I kept looking at my salad and could not figure out what was wrong with it! They forgot to put the chicken on it. I notified the bartender of this and she was shocked. Took it off my bill and I asked to talk to a manager but no manager could be found! Also we got tired of listening to the waitresses talk about their personal lives that all the customers could hear.

Reviewed 25 January 2015

This is a popular spot for the Cocktail Hour crowd. We were there for lunch and found it to be a nice place for lunch. We both had salads and they were excellent.