“Nice comfortable condo and we look forward to returning!”
Review of North Shore Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Traverse City
North Shore Inn
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife, daughter and I just spent 2 nights on New Years weekend. The check in and payment process was easy. Upon unlocking our condo, we were greeted with a small Christmas tree to the delight of my family.

While the condo was small, it worked perfectly for us. It had a queen bed and a pull out sofa. The kitchen was well stocked with pans, plates, utensils etc. the fridge was ready for us to stock. A small dishwasher was also included although we handwashed our dishes.

The only concern is the bathroom. It does not have a tub which wasn't a problem for us. The shower is small but was fine for us, may be a tight fit for larger people.

The living room area included a 42" flat screen TV. A DVD player was also supplied. A walk out balcony is off the living room providing a great view of the bay.

As we're there in the winter, we didnt use the pool area or decks. There is a nice boardwalk leading out to the beach and water. We walked down to take some pictures.

My wife is already talking out booking this facility again for next NYE or maybe a long summer weekend.

I would definitely recommend this hotel/condo!

• Stayed: December 2011
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Hello,
Thank you very much for your detailed review and photo! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay from the moment you walked in! I hope you were able to watch the Cherry Ball Drop downtown to ring in the New Year! It's always a fun crowd with plenty of music and excitement! I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Traverse City!

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We travelled to Traverse City for the first time in Oct 2011. We rented a 2 bedroom condo at the North Shore Inn. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The condo was very clean. My only complaints that I would have is the light that shines in on the 1 bedroom that was facing the stairwell. The problem could be fixed with new windowcoverings. Also, the condo could use some updating.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review! October is such a beautiful time of year to visit Traverse City! I apologize for the extra light that shined into your room. We will take care of that situation right away! I hope you consider staying with us again on your next trip to Traverse City!

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We recently stayed at North Shore Inn and this is the first review I am ever writing online. I agree with previous reviews that the one bedroom units have very small bathrooms, especially the showers. If you drop the single bar of soap you get look out, you can't pick it up without turning off the shower and opening the door! But in fairness the unit was very clean. Furnishings need to be upgraded. Our TV was small, old, and poor quality compared to all the flat screens out there for cheap. We happen to hit bad weather and baseball playoffs were on. It would have been nice to have a quality TV. Finally the bed was a small queen for two adults. Mattress was soft (old). All in all the room was really designed for tiny adults. I am not one of those. Since the building manager cannot rebuild the units I finish my review on a positive note: clean adequate room, nice front desk, beautiful water view.

Room Tip: Corner suites 2 bedroom
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at the North Shore Inn! All of our owners are currently making several updates in their units. Every room in our building will have a new bed(s) by spring. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the water view! I hope you consider staying with us again on your next trip to Traverse City!

Reviewed 2 October 2011

For many years our family has enjoyed staying at North Shore. We have stayed there in every season. Spring for weekend getaways, July for Cherry Festival, Autumn for the beautiful Fall colors and one year, my daughters and I spent January and half of February in one of the loft units. It is always clean and comfortable. The staff is wonderful...always very accomodating. The beach is superb. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else while in Traverse City. This place is simply THE BEST!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Hello!
Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm pleased to hear you've been able to enjoy Traverse City with us during all seasons of the year! A lot of people only think to travel here in the summertime (which is undoubtedly an AMAZING time of year) but Northern Michigan has so much to offer year round! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Traverse City.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

My wife and decided to stay at the North Shore Inn because of it's location and view of the water. We booked our reservation about a month ahead of time, and had no problems with booking the place. We reserved a 1 bedroom, 1 bath condo, which was on the 2nd floor, and had a nice view of the water.The place (Room #202) was very clean, and very nice. Perfect size for the two of us. The kitchen, bedroom, and family all decent sizes for two people. The one drawback was the bathroom size. The shower is a stand up shower that is on the small side, and Im sure that is why they don't mention much about the bathrooms on their website or in the pictures they show. I am about 5'11 215lbs and the shower was pretty small for someone my size. It was not horrible, but it would have been nice if it was a little bit bigger. My wife also stated that she had a hard time shaving her legs as well. The only other drawback is that the windows in our unit were pretty drafty. It was VERY windy (40mph winds) that weekend, so that could have been the big reason, but they could use some weather stripping on the windows and doors.
All in all, we would definitely come back. Very clean, good location, good price, and when we arrived back after our first day there, there was a halloween candy bag, which was very thoughtful. Another nice benefit to this place was that it also includes free passes to "Fit for you health club" in Traverse city, which is nice if you want to hit the gym.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Double-O-Negative
jean6484, General Manager at North Shore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2011

Hello,
Thank you for taking time to write a review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and would return to the North Shore Inn during a future trip to Traverse City. I'm also happy you enjoyed your goodie bag! We like to do special little things as often as possible for our guests to let them know how much we appreciate them!