See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2017

My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend in Cabin 5 in Harold's Resort and had a lovely time. We felt secluded and enjoyed the privacy but still were within driving distance to Traverse City. We went to Sleeping Bear Dunes and downtown Traverse City during our stay. The hot tub and fireplace were very relaxing. Kathy made us feel very welcome with personal recommendations as to what to do and where to eat during our stay. I appreciated that there were towels, pots & pans, measuring cups, etc so that we could bake and cook our own meals. There is Wi-Fi in the cabin but no television. It's certainly a minimalist and rustic cabin that is quite charming. I loved coming here in the winter time because of all the snow, the twinkling Christmas lights and how amazing it was to be in the hot tub, looking out at the snowy forest and icy lake. I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends who are looking for a simple romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbieg777
haroldsresort, Owner at Harold's Resort at Spider Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Thanks for being so brave to come in the winter ! It's a magical time... especially when you have the whole place to yourselves... which does not happen often. Lucky you to not have to share ! You are the reason I keep the cabins open in the winter. It's a special time. Thanks again! Kathy

Reviewed 30 December 2016

My husband and I decided at the last minute to get away on Christmas day. We researched rentals in the Traverse City area and decided on Harold's Resort. It was more than we imagined! We stayed 2 nights and wished we had reserved more. The cabin was warmed by a fireplace and the hot tub on the screened in porch was a hit even though it was 20 degrees outside and the winds were blowing something fierce!! The resort was easy to get to, Kathy (our hostess) was quick to stay in touch via email, and we were close to downtown Traverse City for shopping, dining, and wine tasting. We look forward to coming back in the summer!!

Room Tip: Cabin #4 was cozy and centered on the property.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kathy K
haroldsresort, Owner at Harold's Resort at Spider Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2017

Thank you for choosing our place to stay. We were happy to have you "at the last minute" for Christmas. And Thank You for your kind words. You are the reason I have been here for 26 years doing this and why I continue to be here for you after my husband, best friend, sole mate and business partner passed away earlier this year. Happy New Year 2017 !

Reviewed 17 June 2016

My daughter needed to be in Interlochen for a week. My teaching year had just ended. Harold's Resort was near enough to travel to Michigan with her and still have a quiet space to myself to reflect and relax before summer. Cabin #3 was just right for a few nights for the two of us and then for most of the week on my own. Walking down to the beachfront or driving in to Traverse City were both easy options. The cabin had all of the basics and Kathy was available for questions and help when needed. Clean and comfortable and quiet. Ready for summer!

Room Tip: Cabin 3 is at the end of the road, closest to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank goldendavis
haroldsresort, Owner at Harold's Resort at Spider Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

She asked for a place for her and her daughter and some peace and quiet ( and wifi ! ) and I knew exactly what she needed. Just tell me what you need and I will make a recommendation. Kathy

Reviewed 14 May 2016

Driving into the resort, we were concerned, because everything needs painted and freshened; however, inside our cabin, it was clean and comfortable. The boats are not docked, so you need to pull them into the water. Both fishing boats we tried leaked to the point of wet feet, but not dangerous. Lovely views.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
haroldsresort, Owner at Harold's Resort at Spider Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2016

Thanks for coming so early in the Season.. When you do that, you pretty much get the place to yourselves. The weather here is much more favorable to working on the insides of Cabins, than painting the outsides. The Sunday moring after these people left - we had over an inch of snow coating everything. So don't judge a book by the cover - the weather worn outsides reveals a comfy cozy bed and interior. Kathy

Reviewed 23 February 2016

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in cozy cabin #4....and had the greatest weekend ever!! Perfect getaway for a couple in the winter, especially with the hot tub and beautiful fireplace visible from the bed. We plan on returning for a summer visit. The winter view was absolutely beautiful!! Cabin was immaculate with everything you could possibly need. Close to Traverse City if you want to venture out, but staying in is fun too!! Thank you to Kathy for sharing this little piece of paradise with us!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue C
haroldsresort, Owner at Harold's Resort at Spider Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

These two braved the Cold and Snow for L O V E ! And look what it got them - The Most Romantic Weekend EVER ! Most "city slickers" would have run home with the cold temps we had that weekend. So thanks for sticking around and figuring out how to keep each other warm ! Fireplace, Hot Tub, Snuggle REPEAT ! Kathy