“The Absolute Best in TC 2/12/12” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson of Traverse City

Howard Johnson of Traverse City
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Cheboygan, Michigan, United States
“The Absolute Best in TC 2/12/12”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in TC please take my advice and book a room at the Howard Johnson. I travel about 120 days out of the year and I have slept in numerous hotels, motel s and airports. I confidently recommend this hotel to you because of the extremely clean and updated rooms, extraordinary customer service and very low price. For about $40 to $60 US dollars you can either choose a DBL Queen, King or Jacuzzi Room. This is the best deal in TC I promise you. The proprietor is constantly on site looking to improve the quality of the experience, trust me this place is a GEM both for the eye and your wallet.

JDEBECK

Room Tip: Super Fast WIFI
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Jason D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

When I arrived at check in I was surprised by the wonderful lobby, very spacious including a fireplace & furniture. Staff was very friendly & helpful if I asked for anything. My room was very clean, spacious & new. The price was great & location to the downtown area was only a couple of miles away-nice. I definitely recomment this motel & will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Lsleahy
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

I haven't stayed at a Howard Johnson for many years because I had the impression that their motels were old and rundown. Well, not this one! My husband spent several weeks in the hospital recently, and I was driving 60 miles round trip every day to be with him. One night the weather was so bad that I decided to stay overnight in Traverse City. I went online to look for a hotel and decided to try Howard Johnson because of the great price, which included breakfast. I enjoyed it so much that I stayed 3 more times. Whenever the roads were "iffy", I gave them a call and reserved a room. Every staff member I met was just wonderful--so friendly and helpful. The rooms are a nice size, well-lit, and very clean, with plenty of towels and free WiFi. The breakfast has a good variety of food (cereal, bagels, etc.), hot drinks, and juice. I feel like I found a terrific bargain!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Lilosa
Caldwell, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Our stay at HJ in Traverse City was wonderful. Our room was reasonably priced, spacious, clean and included Coffee and breakfast. If we are ever in Traverse City and need a room we'll check with Howard first.

Room Tip: week days are more affordable than weekends.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank baruke36
Tecumseh, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Very good bang for your buck. Clean rooms, nice bed and shower. Nice staff. Would stay again. Breakfast only consisted of bagels, cereal, and doughnuts

• Stayed December 2011