“Relaxing dinner by the lake”
Review of Clifford Lake Inn

Clifford Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Stanton
Price range: USD 8 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Description: Historic lakeside inn, with a beautiful beachfront view and relaxed atmosphere, offers outdoor dining and cocktails on the lakefront deck. Menu features a variety of steaks, chicken and seafood plus an array of appetizers, sandwiches, salads, and burgers. Admired, respected and culinary trained chefs create the perfect dining experience, using the freshest local ingredients.
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Great service and welcoming staff. Food good-maybe a bit heavy on meat dishes? Entertainment excellent too. Air conditioning a bit too forceful though!

3  Thank Annie B

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I love the atmosphere inside and out. It has a nice outside patio by the lake and the inside is a charming old restuarant/bar. My service was great, food was very average at best. I wanted the walleye, but they were out so I got the steak and it was cooked med. rare as orded and it was tender, but the canned mushrooms put this below average and also tasted very salty. Mashed potatoes were cold and I didn't care for the rice. I didn't eat most of my food. My friend said his sandwich was good, not great. My granddaughter's grilled cheese and fries were good. I would have rather had those than my steak. The bread was very good. IF I come back I will try the woodgrilled pizza. I might come back one more time because I do love the atmosphere and hopefully they will change my mind about the food.

6  Thank GrannyTammy01
Reviewed 17 August 2017

You will find delicious food and excellent service at this historic treasure. It is somewhat "off the beaten' path" but well worth traveling a few miles to enjoy a delightful experience. A glorious deck overlooks a beautiful Michigan lake and to sit out there for a meal is a summer treat. Took some of the family to celebrate an anniversay and every one is so pleased with their choices from the menu. We even found room for wonderful homemade desserts!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The service was very good, and friendly. All the food we ordered was tasty. You must get the Clifford Lake Mushrooms! a hearty amount to share for the table. the Clifford Lake Burger was delicious-with the classic mushrooms, cartelized onions and swiss cheese, and cooked to order. the Sweet Potato fries substitute for the chips was good. and i also sampled the onion rings and were very good. Other items our party ate and all liked very much include the walleye and a Reuben sandwich.
An incredible view from the deck-so choose outside if its a nice day. We arrived by Pontoon at the convenient dock in the front.
Food is better than expected from a restaurant on a lake out of the way. But worth the effort to get there...so check it out.

2  Thank Gerald H
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The Clifford Lake Inn has an amazing deck on the lake. They have strung cool outdoor lights and it makes for a cozy atmosphere. We loved their wood fire pizza.

Inside you can smell the woodsmoke. The bar is old- a cool old kind of way. And the dining area is old in a western fancy kind of way.

The whole place is haunted- and has been documented on ghost hunters.

A down home place to get a good meal.

1  Thank Dusty F