“Downriver Mexican Oasis”

Galindo's a Taste of Mexico
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Southgate
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really enjoyed the four choices of salsa and fresh chips. So good it was tough not to fill up before ordering lunch. I highly recommend the steak or al pastor taco's. Pick one one of the torta's..they are huge and you will not regret your choice. Big fan of the mexicana (add Jalapeno and a bit of the salsa of your choice ..salsa verde for me). Good stuff. We had a group of 13 Saturday night followed by a smaller group on Sunday with consistent results. Passion shows in the the food. A good value as well.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 17 August 2018

I talked to someone at the concert last night who told me he walks right by Galindos every time he goes to LCA . I told him he was crazy! They were probably, no they were the best tacos I ever had! With all the junk food at the LCA do not pass up the opportunity to grab tacos or nachos at Galindos. You will thank me later. I can't wait to try the full menu at their Southgate location.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

The tacos had steak, onions, and cilantro. I had never tried botana before. I did not realize what I was missing. The plate was heaped with chips, beans, lettuce, cheese, sliced avocados, and tomatoes. Sour cream would have been nice. The server was very pleasant and accommodated all of my requests. The server brought chips and four kinds of salsa right away. I will be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Chips and salsa at my table seconds after being seated. Jalapeño, very hot, mild and verde salsa. They had a free fideo (noodle) soup with tortilla but I avoid gluten whenever possible.
The chips aren’t bad, though I wish they were all the same color. The darker color seem more cooked to me. I prefer the taste of the lighter chips.
I got a 2 ounce side of guac, 1 cheese enchilada with mild salsa, was expecting red or green but sounds like their mild salsa is their red sauce for their enchiladas. I also ordered 1 bean tostada as well.
Jalapeño salsa is thick and looks like mustard, it’s hot but good, the very hot is good, not as hot as the jalapeño. The mild tastes like a marinara sauce and the verde tastes as I would have expected.
The bean tostada looks good. The cheese enchilada looks like a folded quesadilla instead if the typical enchilada to me as far as shape.
The enchilada tastes okay, not special and not very cheese filled, rather skimp actually. The red sauce would be so much better on the enchilada than the mild red salsa, that doesn’t taste right to me either, but I am hangry so down the hatch it goes. I think it would be good for them to invest in making some of their own red or green sauce or buying some as a last resort if they have enchiladas on the menu.
The waitress seems friendly enough and is very attentive and quick.
The tostada tortilla tastes and looks like it came from a bag.
They serve pasteurized queso fresco with their melas for those that are concerned. The chef even came out and talked to me about the cheese and brought out the queso fresco wheel to show me how it was pasteurized. I did ask the waitress why they don’t serve the typical Red or green sauce with their enchiladas and she said that’s how they make their sauces or something.
The unisex bathroom is kept clean and I like the heavy flow of their faucet.
The prices here are very reasonable.
Was worth the drive from Dearborn to try it out too.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

GOOD
Flavor of street tacos
Delicious fresh lemonade (& free refills!)
Friendly waitress
Clean restaurant
Comfortable dining room temp
Music wasn’t too loud

BAD
Tacos are small
Ground beef wasn’t well drained, so tacos were greasy
Odd that tacos only have cilantro and onion on them—would like more toppings
Don’t care for the soup or any of their sauces—wish they would ask before serving them! Really wish they had a good, mild salsa

MIXED
Chips are very thick—they were ok today but not my favorite kind

Date of visit: June 2018