“Sushi Sushi”

Black Pine Tree
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Southgate
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

I have experienced Sushi all around the downriver area but have never been here before. I found that they had different and unique types of sushi! Loved all the sushi rolls we ordered between all of us!!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

A friend and I went to try this place out for lunch. The seating is a little tight where we sat, but other than that...service was awesome, food was served quickly.....and most important, it was delish! The crabsticks are a must - the fried coating and sauces were an amazing taste!!
I have to be in the mood for sushi, but the firecracker shrimp and the crunchy crab was very good. I liked the variety of how things were displayed (watched food passing by). I thought the salad with ginger dressing was good but wasn't a fan of the miso soup. Please understand that it wasn't because it wasn't good, it just wasn't something I liked. We also shared the yaki soba with beef. This was very good and the portion size was huge, so I was able to also have leftovers for dinner.
My sister is a sushi fan and so I texted her and told her of the great eating experience. She said "that's where I always go for sushi". Too funny!!
Definitely recommend Black Pine Tree!! Try it out - reasonable prices is another bonus.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

If you are interested in trying Sushi and have never had any then this is the place to start. It is not my favorite sushi place but it is good for what I paid for and I recommend this for people to try if you've never had sushi. Start with something simple and work your way up until you find a dish that you like. I always recommend people who have never had sushi to start with cooked rolls first. A good beginning to a lifetime of sushi eating.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Sushi are excellents. Everything was tasty and good. Staff was very accomoding and kind. I would recommend it if you are in the area.
Count 15-20 minutes to get a table if you haven't made a reservation.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I have been coming here for years, and I have never been disappointed. I've tried other sushi places, but I can honestly say that none of them compare. Great sushi and friendly staff.

1  Thank Tori H