“Go to place Downriver”

Black Pine Tree
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Southgate
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This is where I go for sushi in the area. It's better than the place in Wyandotte. The specialty rolls are very good.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I've eaten at a lot of sushi restaurants in my life and this is my favorite. The Obama Roll is crazy good, as well as the I think they call it the burning California roll. You can't go wrong. This place will keep you coming back

1  Thank ljones77777777
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Delicious. The restaurant is beautiful, you totally forget you're in a strip mall. Assorted tempera platter with shrimp, chicken and so many fresh veggies lightly battered and deep fried. Also got the best sushi for anyone who doesn't actually like sushi, Firecracker Roll. I got it with rice paper and no avocado(uck). Delish.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

Called a carryout order at 730, they rudely told me they were too busy to do any carryout right now. What kind of business is this, hello extend the wait time. Pretty sure you had a few hours before closing. What is the difference from me waiting there. Never going there again, learn to step it up with customer service.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

We stopped for sushi for dinner this evening. Black Pine Tree was well recommended.

They were offering an All You can Eat California Roll special, we ignored it. I chose the Delux Sashimi, my companion chose Chirashi and our friend the Nabe Yaki Udon (Noodles with veggies, meat etc). We also ordered a Spider Roll and three Eel-skin rolls plus a few various nigiri sushi (we were hungry).

The Chirashi was quite good; the Udon delicious and my sashimi was good too. Our added rolls were excellent too.

Service was prompt and friendly.