“Lunch”
Review of Sweet Magnolia

Sweet Magnolia
Ranked #98 of 219 Restaurants in Southfield
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I had the recommended cat fish meal. The cat fish was succulent. I had the choice of 2 sides. The macaroni a little to soft for my tasting. The green beans tasty. My husband chose the salmon which was delicious. The salmon served on the rice was not complimentary. The food servings hearty and the bill was costly.

2  Thank dmb43607

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I've been to this restaurant three times and I have had a different experience with the food each time. The first time I ordered fried chicken and waffles. The waffles were good and the chicken was delicious. I was sold on this place and came back to have fried fish and fried corn. The fish was well cooked, but the corn was not fried. I can tell when I have been served corn straight from a can. This very disappointing. The latest time I went I had breakfast. Very salty homebred potatoes and chicken apple sausage that was was swimming in grease. This is a very popular restaurant and I wish them well, but I won't be returning any time soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Food was not hot and I received the scarps/leftover of the macaroni & cheese. Chicken wings were very salty but fried well. Plenty of staff but service was very slow.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Went here with my mom for dinner. Ordered the catfish, mac & cheese and collard greens. It. Was. Awesome! That mac & cheese was all that. The catfish was perfectly seasoned and the greens were great too. Dessert was peach cobbler a la mode. I enjoyed it (I only like the bread part), however my mom said that she was disappointed & thought something was different from the last time she was there, turns out they changed chefs. Oh well, our dinner was slammin! Definitely worth a trip.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

A bit disappointed in the food choices at Magnolia. Guest ordered Caesar salad w/ chicken. Salad arrived with very little chicken. Turkey chops deep fried like chicken fried steak arrived without gravy ; therefore, they were dry and tasteless. Rice & beans no spice or taste. Throughly disappointed.