All reviews master suite couples massage porch swing hot tub bed and breakfast my husband and i house is beautiful delicious breakfast nancy yard anniversary michigan
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Stayed in the Magnolia room. Overall nice and and a beautiful old house. Coffee not served till 8:30 Am or later - I'm an early riser and grump with out coffee first thing.. Breakfast at 9 which is kind of late. Like to get going earlier. Hot Tub listed in the ad on Tripadvisor - none seen in the yard and not offered at check in- there isn't one I could find. Pricey. South Haven surprised me with only average restaurants and mostly Bar food type places. Very nice town though and beautiful beaches.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We enjoyed our stay. Our only real complaint was that you only get two towels and we would have liked more, but didn't notice until late in the day. Breakfast was great and they accommodated the fact I was lactose intolerant with no problems.

Side note: there is a hot tub! we didn't know that and so didn't have swim suits, but it looked nice and would make a relaxing stop.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sam2017212
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My husband and I celebrated 12 years of marriage recently at Monroe Manor. It was our first time in South Haven and our first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast. (we've traveled a lot but normally stay in a hotel or rent a house) We were both very happy with our stay. The house is beautiful! The Master Suite is nice and roomy, romantic and very pretty. The breakfast was great! We were not there to socialize with other couples so it was really nice to eat on the porch at our own little table. There is space throughout the house to be alone if you didn't want to be in your room. We liked to swing on the porch swing.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We booked the master suite with Nancy who facilitates the B&B. She was extremely pleasant and very respectful of our needs. She was more than willing to offer us with insight to the surrounding attractions. We had come to South Haven for a quiet retreat, and that was exactly what we experienced. Her amenities are more than one would need while away from home, from toiletries, to coffee, to linens. It really did feel like home away from home. Nancy - Whatever you made for breakfast that following morning = DIVINE! Will definitely make a trip back up there and visit you soon. Thank you for everything.

Room tip: Bring your swimming suits!
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I got home last night from my first experience staying at the Monroe Manor Inn. I rented the entire Inn for the weekend, and went there with some of my girlfriends and their grown daughters to celebrate a
special family occasion. Everything was more than perfect and exceeded my expectations. Nancy, the owner/innkeeper, was helpful to me through every stage of making this happen. She made wonderful recommendations for winery tours and dinner while we were visiting South Haven. When I had questions as I was putting this together, she was very prompt in responding to any voicemail message or email that I sent to her. It is obvious that this home is meticulously and lovingly cared for. Everything was in absolutely perfect condition. It has all the old world charm of a historic home, yet all the luxurious amenities of beautiful private baths for each room. All of the bedrooms are beautifully and elegantly appointed. My guests went from room to room admiring each other's accommodations!
The hospitality was wonderful and the food was absolutely outstanding. This is the nicest bed-and-breakfast experience I have ever had. My family members and guests raved about it and talked about how eager they are to come back-- something we will definitely do!
Kudos to Nancy for doing such a fabulous job.
She was helpful, has a warm personality, and is very good at what she does! The memories that my family and friends will have of our wonderful weekend are something we will cherish for years to come, and she helped to make it such a great experience.

Date of stay: September 2016