All reviews master suite couples massage porch swing hot tub bed and breakfast my husband and i house is beautiful delicious breakfast nancy yard anniversary michigan
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We booked the master suite with Nancy who facilitates the B&B. She was extremely pleasant and very respectful of our needs. She was more than willing to offer us with insight to the surrounding attractions. We had come to South Haven for a quiet retreat, and that was exactly what we experienced. Her amenities are more than one would need while away from home, from toiletries, to coffee, to linens. It really did feel like home away from home. Nancy - Whatever you made for breakfast that following morning = DIVINE! Will definitely make a trip back up there and visit you soon. Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: Bring your swimming suits!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I got home last night from my first experience staying at the Monroe Manor Inn. I rented the entire Inn for the weekend, and went there with some of my girlfriends and their grown daughters to celebrate a
special family occasion. Everything was more than perfect and exceeded my expectations. Nancy, the owner/innkeeper, was helpful to me through every stage of making this happen. She made wonderful recommendations for winery tours and dinner while we were visiting South Haven. When I had questions as I was putting this together, she was very prompt in responding to any voicemail message or email that I sent to her. It is obvious that this home is meticulously and lovingly cared for. Everything was in absolutely perfect condition. It has all the old world charm of a historic home, yet all the luxurious amenities of beautiful private baths for each room. All of the bedrooms are beautifully and elegantly appointed. My guests went from room to room admiring each other's accommodations!
The hospitality was wonderful and the food was absolutely outstanding. This is the nicest bed-and-breakfast experience I have ever had. My family members and guests raved about it and talked about how eager they are to come back-- something we will definitely do!
Kudos to Nancy for doing such a fabulous job.
She was helpful, has a warm personality, and is very good at what she does! The memories that my family and friends will have of our wonderful weekend are something we will cherish for years to come, and she helped to make it such a great experience.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Very nice house and rooms. Eating on the porch is nice, though it doesn't encourage talking with the other guests because the tables are too spread out. The first morning was raining, so we ate in the dining room, and people really enjoyed being together and talking. Breakfasts were very good. The bathroom was so-so. No door for privacy. The shower was very nice except that the shower head didn't spray properly, probably clogged. The room had an electric fireplace on the wall and a towel warmer in the bathroom. Rooms in South Haven are all pricey, even cheaper hotels, but I think this B&B is overpriced at $200/night.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Nancy has a lovely bed and breakfast. The location is a very peaceful
Setting but a short drive to shopping and beaches. Wish we could have stayed longer! Hope to get back to Monroe Manor this fall for a bike tour or this winter for
crop country skiing.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2016

We stayed there shortly after we both retired. The host, Nancy, was very friendly and gracious. We had the Magnolia room; not overly spacious but very clean and extremely quiet. Besides, who needs a spacious room in the summer when you are close to the lake shore. There is a large front porch that wraps around 2 sides. We had breakfast there all three mornings we were there.

Room Tip: Parking is just enough for the 5 rooms and wouldn't accommodate an RV sized vehicle.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple