All reviews carol ann sycamore room my husband and i spruce room outdoor fireplace short getaway fresh baked goodies pre breakfast two blocks couple blocks location is great across the street phone conversation bed and breakfast special breakfast french toast casserole special thanks
Reviewed 26 April 2015

Beautiful & well maintained! We really enjoyed our stay- we were upgraded to the suite. Breakfast was delicious & the owners were very kind & friendly. At the time we stayed the bridge & Dyckman Street were under construction - my husband was emailed ahead by the owners letting him know of detours. There is a bike rental nearby - not even a block. Nice park across the street hence- Inn at the Park. We were there last weekend of the off season but there were plenty of shops open downtown. We will definitely go back!

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank hnski
Reviewed 13 April 2015

My husband and I went to the Inn at the Park to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. Carol Ann made our stay personal and memorable. The breakfast was great! The first day was fruit pizza, cheesy hash brown and an egg soufflé, the second day was peaches and cream French toast, sausage and fresh fruit (not frozen!!). Coffee, juice, and tea were served with breakfast. Carol Ann had the tables set so nicely with fresh colors and throughout the house she had candies on pretty dishes. The details were what made this so nice. Carol Ann had menus for the local eateries available and gave us ideas on what we might enjoy.
Our room was delightful. The whirlpool tub was much appreciated with all the walking we did. There is a TV and fireplace in the room. When we arrived there were a few niceties in our room, such as a bottle of wine, chocolates, and cookies. I really had no complaints on this visit. There weren't many people staying at the same time, and our room was upstairs in the back (away from others) and so we didn't hear anyone else, or even vehicles. The bridge is still out, but we were able to walk across it. It actually looks like it may be done soon? Overall, I would definitely recommend this Inn to others!!

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed 29 January 2015

My wife and I showed up a bit later than anticipated, having forgotten we were crossing a timezone. No worries though, there was a note at the door inviting us in and explained we would be in the Linden Room. This was a bit unexpected, as we had booked the Aspen Room and had email confirmation saying so. We called the Innkeeper, Kevin, who quickly came up to our room, welcomed us to the Inn, and apologized for the mix up in rooms; he didn't know how it happened, but the two rooms were virtually identical so it didn't really matter. The room was cozy with a gas fireplace, TV, view of the park across the street, and attached bathroom. The shower head was a little low for me (I'm 6'3"), but was spacious enough that this wasn't a problem. The house itself is charming. It is also older, and there was very little sound insulation. We could hear people's conversations, TVs, footsteps, etc. People seeking a romantic getaway may want to look elsewhere ;).

Kevin was very friendly and gave us an excellent recommendation for dinner. Whenever we walked through the house there were goodies set out on plates for everyone's enjoyment. These included chocolate truffles, peppermint bark, cookies, and mints. Breakfast was served between 9:00 and 9:30 both mornings. The first morning was a delicious egg bake with sausage and fruit and the next morning was a stuffed french toast with yogurt parfait. This was much better than the muffin and fruit cup served at some B&Bs and was a real selling feature of Inn at the Park.

One of the major draws to this particular B&B was its proximity to downtown South Haven; it's just a short walk across the Dyckman Avenue Bascule Bridge. Unfortunately, we discovered upon our arrival that the bridge was closed for construction (along with most of the road adjacent to the Inn) and apparently will be until May 2015. We were so hoping to be able to walk to a nice restaurant, have a few glasses of wine, and meander back to the Inn. The detour was a bit inconvenient, as you really need to drive it, but was easy enough to navigate. This in no way affects my review of the Inn itself, I just wanted to let you know. I recommend checking www.south-haven.com for updates on the construction.

Inn at the Park was a pleasant place for a weekend getaway, and we really felt that Kevin went out of his way to make it special. Thanks, Kevin!

Date of stay: January 2015
2  Thank johnmO3209SG
Reviewed 7 December 2014

I was headed for Michigan City, and riding hard each day. When I reached Dyckman Avenue, I found the bridge completely out. Not even a pedestrian could cross. Not wanting to backtrack to take the main road to downtown South Haven, I decided to check out the half-dozen accommodations near the broken bridge. I was so taken by the comfort of the first one, and by Carol Ann's warm welcome, that I never checked the others. She pointed me to the grocery deli that I had passed, and opened the dining room for me to enjoy my supper, along with a complimentary glass of red wine.
The room was cozy, wonderfully appointed, with amenties such as toiletries and bathrobes. I was particularly pleased by the gas insert in the fireplace, which was controlled by the room thermostat. Instant heat that kept the room exactly comfortable. My bicycle kit dried in three hours, while my bicycle was locked out back away from sight of the road.
A sturdy breakfast and good company sent me on my way the next morning, so refreshed that I ended the day two days ahead of schedule by riding past Michigan City to Gary, Indiana. Thank you, Jerry and Carol Ann.
A month later, an envelope arrived in Virginia with the bag for my rain jacket. I had no idea that I had lost it, because I had been wearing my jacket everyday in the miserable weather that the winter was bringing. They did not have to do that for a simple grey cloth bag.

Room tip: Only tried one room -- on the north side away from the street. Quiet, cozy, warm. However, all the rooms should be quiet, because the closing of the bridge has killed all traffic on Dyckman Avenue until May 2015.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

We went for for two night stay on a very rainy Monday and Tuesday in October but found the Inn to be very relaxing and accommodating. We used a living social deal and after some initial confusion over the type of room we were allowed to book, we were set up in the Spruce room, which overlooked the lovely garden out back. Every room has a fireplace and though it was warm enough out, they were available for use! Carol Ann and Jerry were wonderful hosts. Breakfast was delightful..day 1: homemade orange kissed french toast, yogurt with fresh Michigan blueberries (local!) and bananas, with a side of sausage. Day 2 was a flavorful veggie frittata, potatoes with asparagus, fresh melon, blueberries, and sausage links. They also have a pre breakfast snack to enjoy with coffee (day 1..mini muffins and day 2...homemade cinnamon rolls!!) The walk to town or the beach is an easy 5 minutes and all the shop owners were so nice and took the time to chat (think southern hospitality in a northern town). All in all, a lovely, charming place to relax!

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShalynS11