Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
Birthday gift for my wonderful Aunt

We purchased this as a birthday gift for my aunt who has a residence in the area. We thought it... read more

Reviewed 27 July 2018
nikki p
Asheville, North Carolina
Awesome tour even for locals!

Our family of 9 adults did this tour all together. We weren’t really sure what to expect but were... read more

Reviewed 24 June 2018
kirsteng14
Zeeland, Michigan

All reviews walking tour goat cheese private lunch blueberry jam day tour an awesome tour guide culinary walk learned a great deal tour today interesting people david salt businesses orchard creamery geen stops
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We would highly recommend David Geen’s Hungry Village Tours! In the first tour called “Culinary Walk”, David leads a walking tour of Saugatuck to visit many of the food-related businesses in the village. Although my wife and I have been visiting Saugatuck for almost 40 years, David took us into some shops we were not familiar with, and even those that we had visited previously on our own, we learned a great deal more as the owners offered tastings and explained a bit about their businesses. We sampled wines, coffees, spices, cheeses, olive oils, balsamic vinegars, jams, ice cream and toppings, and even carrot pancakes. The owners of the shops were very welcoming as they seem to have an excellent relationship with David and very much appreciate his tours.

The second tour David offers is called “Delicious Drive”. There is a Hungry Village minibus and a driver and David is free to act as guide throughout Allegan County which surrounds Saugatuck. On this tour we visited an organic blueberry farm, a small family farm, a vineyard, the Evergreen Lane Farm and Creamery for a tour and cheese tasting. We had a private lunch at Salt of the Earth, then visited another farm whose owner also happens to have a pottery school and finally visited Crane’s orchard for cider and pie. This is an all day tour, but the time passes quickly. Every visit is so well organized. (We’ve taken this tour twice this year – slightly different each time – and we’ll take it again next year.)

4  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My husband reserved the Hungry Village Tour as part of my birthday trip to Saugatuck. What a great experience! David couldn't have been a better host with his knowledge and sense of humor. What made this tour more enjoyable than an average city tour was some of the more intimate stops along the way we would never have experienced on our own.

1  Thank SharonM5073
Reviewed 12 August 2017

My husband and I took the day tour with Dave. We saw the "real area "and met the people who made it. Each stop you take is different. We got a wonderful flavor of the people and the surroundings. The lunch was private just for our tour and incredibly delightful.
We were there on a special day when Dave's family also were on the tour. Thankyou for this wonderful memory and we will be back.
Do not leave Saugatuck without experiencing Hungry Village!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

What an excellent way to start a trip to Saugatuck! My friend and I went on this tour with a husband/wife and our tour guide, David. David was awesome in telling us where NOT to eat and what places should have our business. The tour was so neat to stop into local business and hear about how they are supporting the Michigan economy by using local products and manufacturing things locally. I highly recommend doing this tour at the start of your trip to Saugatuck. It will really give great insight on where to go.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went on the Culinary Walk tour, and it was excellent. It was us, 2 other ladies, and our tour guide, David. David was vey knowledgeable of the area giving us pointers about the best places to eat and the must see places. The tour itself was great too as we stopped in several of the local shops to taste test everything from coffee to carrot cake pancakes. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone traveling to Saugatuck the earliest in your trip as possible, so you can plan the rest of your trip, making sure you get all the right places in. David will also tell you about some of the other must do options in the areas around Saugatuck.

1  Thank Arlys F