“Wonderful tour”

Hungry Village Tours
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Saugatuck
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

What a great experience provided by David on our tour today! Great food, good drinks, interesting people and a lot of fun. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2017
in 5 reviews
"creamery"
"geen"

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I travel to Saugatuck regularly with family. When my group of friends wanted to visit Saugatuck for a girls weekend, I knew that I needed to find an activity that was a little bit different. David runs a fantastic tour! Not only was I able to see new places, I was able to experience a behind the scenes look at Saugatuck culture. The Hungry Village bus was air conditioned making the tour comfortable rain or shine. This is definitely a slice of Saugatuck that I would not have seen on my own! You can feel the strong sense of community when the owners spoke with us about their businesses. Our group had diverse interests and backgrounds, David made everyone feel comfortable and engaged. To top it all off- we had an amazing lunch at Salt of the Earth. This tour was fun and a fantastic value. I can't wait to try another Hungry Village tour!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My husband took me to Saugatuck for Memorial Day weekend and booked this tour because of my interest in organic and local foods. It was an awesome day. David is an exceptional guide. He's personable, knowledgeable and can make anyone laugh. He is truly a gem in the industry.

All of the farms we visited were also fantastic. There was variety between what each farm grew and what values they had built their businesses upon. I found it informative and we also walked away with our bellies full and bags of goodies to bring back to Chicago. We entertained last night and served our Michigan goat cheese with Michigan honey drizzled on top and it was a hit!

Thank you David for making it such a memorable day for us!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2016

David has such a knack to making people feel comfortable. My sisters and I spent the whole day with 4 other couples, David and Howard our driver, and it was like a little family. I was sad to leave everyone. David showed us places we would never have otherwise found or even thought about visiting. It's hard to say what the highlight was because every time we stopped somewhere, it was another amazing find. I wont ruin it for you. All I can say is go and trust David.

Date of experience: August 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 August 2016

Our family of six adults went on this tour. There are some interesting stops. The wine tasting and cheese tasting were by far the best. David was the tour guide and for me, he made the trip so worthwhile. I was a bit bored, it was very very hot and this is definitely not something I would have chosen to do. It was scheduled by one of our family members. David made it fun, interesting and helped the time go by quickly. He is amazing at what he does and this tour is extremely fortunate to have him on their team!

Date of experience: August 2016