“You have to try Harrison's Diner”
Review of Harrison's Diner

Harrison's Diner
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Saint Ignace
Price range: USD 15 - USD 25
Description: Providing a fresh approach to fine dining at an affordable cost. Boasting a variety of different cuisines from traditional American to Asian fusion. Try the smoothie bar made with REAL fresh fruit and greens such as kale and spinach. Gluten free options are also available.
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I expected a good burger and fries, or some fish and chips, you know, diner food.
What i didn't expect, a world class presentation of pork cutlets with a touch of mango salsa, rice with red peas and a gathering of onion, red peppers and broccoli, sauteed to heaven. I walked into a diner and got served fine dining. The owner, who is also the cook, is a gifted chef who wishes nothing more than to share his passion for flavor and celebration of the dining experience. The staff was great with a huge smile and super attitude, we were well taken care of. If your looking for a solid diner meal this is the place. If you want to be stunned, look for the menu items you wouldn't normally find at mom n pops local diner. This chef can create a plate that makes you enjoy food. From the moment i seen flames flashing above pans and the care the chef took placing cuts of meat on the grill, i knew i was in for something good. Ive eaten food from lunch trucks to gourmet establishments and i never ever felt compelled to write a review. The young man who owns and cooks at Harrisons Diner deserves a huge pat on the back. I will be back on my way down state. Heck ill drive back up just to eat there again!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Saint Ignace is lucky to have this diner offering something different from most of the other places around it. The Jamaican element is a nice surprise, looks like their menu changes regularly so your dining experience will be new over multiple visits. Might be pricey for some but well worth it.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Really tasty food at really reasonable prices. The service was great too. Fresh salads, sandwiches and entrees. Would definitely recommend. The Jamaican jerk burger was delicious.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We studied TripAdvisor for recommended restaurants and picked three. We drove past each and Harrison's Diner was extremely attractive to us so we chose Harrison's Diner in which to eat after our visit to Mackinac Island. We really liked the ambiance of Harrison's. The wait staff were EXCEPTIONAL. The best of the best.

AND Harrison's had PHENOMENAL WI FI. Absolutely the greatest Wi Fi period. I was in desperate need of Wi Fi to check hotel reservations and Harrison's came through for me big time indeed.

We ordered full bowls of Roasted Tomato Basil Soup and, for good measure, I added a Club Sandwich. Both were excellent. You can't miss if you eat at Harrison's Diner in Saint Ignace.

1  Thank kanbaatar
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Very pleasant surprise. You've now got a choice other than bar food and pasties (not that I don't appreciate both) when you're in St. Ignace.

Don't let the nondescript exterior and settings fool you: there's a serious chef in here doing some serious food. He's savvy enough to include plenty of the expected options (burgers, whitefish, chicken wings, etc.), but there are a number of very unexpected options as well (jerked pork chops with a mango coconut salsa and dirty rice in my case...though there was nothing but an empty plate by meal's end), cooked with subtlety and flair. As the chef is, himself, Jamaican, there are a number of Jamaican-themed selections. I wonder how goat curry would play in the UP? This might be the place where we find out. Bet it would be good.

We were extremely pleased with the overall quality of the food. We're glad we worked our way down the "best of list" on Tripadvisor, though I'm guessing it's going to keep moving steadily up.

Note: no alcohol at this point. I imagine this will change eventually.

Chef is a very personable young man; he stopped by every table and chatted with the guests. It appears he's going to try and maintain the restaurant as a year-round enterprise, so he's going to need to support of the community as well as the tourists.

Service was not totally attentive, but heck, this was St. Ignace off-season. He would nonetheless do well to make sure the service stays on par with the food. Still, it's not worth deducting a star over it.

If I lived in the area, I'd be a regular. As a repeat visitor to the area, this will be a guaranteed stop. This isn't just a place where you plan to eat: this is a place you root for.

2  Thank smattapup