“Best BBQ ever to enter my belly!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #9 of 277 Restaurants in Saginaw
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I was absolutely blown away at my experience here.

Every staff member I encountered was fantastic, big genuine smiles and attentive to me as a customer. My server was very personable and was johnny on the spot with napkins, wet wipes, and refills. My server made some small talk with me and engaged in some friendly banter.

The BBQ here was among the best I've ever had. The ribs were juicy, fall-off the bone, had a solid smoky flavour and a bold house BBQ sauce. I also had the roasted chicken, which was absolutely fantastic. The chicken was juicy, perfectly seasoned, and perfectly cooked - as soon as I poked it with the fork the bones jumped right out. The pulled pork was decent, middle of the pack from my experience, mostly owing to the very mild sauce it was served in.

The cornbread I received was big, moist, and very buttery. The baked beans were fantastic, great balance of savoury, sweet, and spice. I also had the corn on the cob, which was well prepared. The potato wedges were well prepared and went great with the pineapple BBQ sauce my server recommended.

Portion sizes were massive for the price.

The location was clean, inside and out, including the restroom. I am definitely going to have to come back here next time I'm in the Saginaw area.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

There are mainly fast food restaurants near the MBS airport that I have not visit due to lack of time or just because I am not into fast food; in this occasion I had enough time before taking my flight home to explore the area and found this place, very clean with great service and probably the best BBQ near MBS airport

Reviewed 23 May 2017

May 16, 2017 we were driving to Grayling, MI and knew we had to have dinner in Saginaw. My wife agreed to my hankering for BBQ. Seated right away. She ordered the Cedar Plank Salmon for $14.99 and upgraded to a side salad for $1.99. She enjoyed every bite of the salmon. I had the Texas Brisket Dinner ($14.99) with Corn and Broccoli. Brisket was lean and very good. Our waiter was Bruce, who was helpful with the menu and took good care of us.

1  Thank BRubin510
Reviewed 9 May 2017

seating was quick!
wait staff was pleasant!
food delish!

found that this location was highly rated by others on this site an I am pleased to concur with this group.

truly brings weight on the recommendations of reviewers!

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

What an awesome time we had at Famous Daves in Saginaw. We were served by lovely sisters who we thought must be twins!! The food was delicious, service was fast, nothing to complain about at all... loved it, highly recommend!!

1  Thank Susan W

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!