“Shonda ROCKS!!!”

Ranked #94 of 279 Restaurants in Saginaw
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Hash browns are amazing! ! Crunchy but not greasy at all.
Eggs done perfectly.
Chocolate Lava Cake is so perfect!
Shonda is a bright shining star who made our night...so sweet, funny, observant and kind.
We will definitely be back soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

We came into town on Sunday November 13 as I was having surgery the next morning. It was about 8pm and would be the last meal I would have before surgery. The place wasnt that busy as one would expect for that time of night, so maybe 15 in the place including us.
We were quickly seated & our waitress was very pleasant. Much more pleasant than our meal. We ordered breakfast items, my son had one of the 'slam' menu items, I had ham & cheese omelette with hash browns + side of country gravy, & my husband had eggs, hash browns, bacon & toast.
When our meals came we were disappointed. After a couple of bites my husband couldnt stand to eat any more. His hash browns were almost burnt on the outside but very white on the inside & his eggs were flavorless. Mine were not much better but I was hungry. My sons bacon was so over-cooked that calling the sacrificed would have been an upgrade. They would crumble at the sligjtest touch. We asked for new bacon. We also saw replacement bacon taken to another table. The replacement bacon was at least mostly edible but a couple of pieces were close to sacrificed. Either way whomever was in the kitchen 'cooking' should reconsider their ability to cook. After complaining to the waitress about my husband meal, the manager came over and asked what was wrong and if he wanted something else. He wasn't happy when my husband refused. He asked about our meals, I told him that they were not very tasty and we showed him my sons bacon to which he didnt say anything. The manager seemed offended when we told him that his 'cook' didnt seem able to cook bacon at all He didnt effer to take anything off our bill for our food but finally took off husbands.
Our hotel across the street had a much better complimentary continental breakfast than we got at this Denny's. Sad because I've always had a good experience at Denny's chain restaurant's but this one was bad. The only reason this place got a single star was because that was the lowest I could give & because the waitress was good and pleasant.

Also, while we were there a young girl about 10, went back to her table crying. I heard her father mention that she got stuck in the womens bathroom because the main door was too heavy for her to open.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

My husband & I had breakfast here. They have a large selection of breakfast items to choose from. He had the sausage & biscuit breakfast and I had the Belgium Waffles Slam. Both were very tasty and served up quickly, along with coffee. Our total came to under $15 and with a tip under $20. We would eat here again.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

For the second time in recent memory we ended up here. Had intended to go to a higher-scale place but it was packed. Drove past our second choice which also was crowded. Swung by here as a last resort. Many cars in the lot but no one out the door so we said we're hungry. We were immediately seated, coffee poured (ask for dark roast- Coffee House quality!!) and menus presented. Everything looked so good and it took a while to decide. We watched as other orders were served and heard the comments and I'll say everything on the menu must be satisfying; ours was. Our server was prompt and so courteous and attentive. Portions were generous. We could not have dessert-- we were so satisfied. We used an AARP card and had a discount. I will not hesitate to make this a destination, not just an option.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We walked in and we stunned with the upgrade!! Awesome retro-looking all-new decor! They have a new manager who was very attentive, and our server Breanna was great even though it was Sunday morning and crowded. The new pancakes are deliciously fluffy and every other breakfast item was good. Anyone who has stayed away because of "old" menu & style will be surprised and will like it!

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!